Played the PS3

m7ticalm said:
I think that half of these people who are saying that the PS3 will suck probably have not even played it let alone seen it yet ABC :). IMO the PS3 will be great but i dont have the budget for its launch price. Maybe in a couple of years i may consider buying it, i dont know why there are so many haters here. Everyone hates anything thats not nintendo! Comeon guys, thats just plain hating. Its just someones opinion, and why would they be selling the PS3 if it was as bad as you guys are saying it is. I personally like the Wii much more than the PS3 but still, its going to be a good console. So all i really wanted to say was, lay off ABC, its just his opinion and he can do anything he wants with it. Secondly, stop with all the hating, its really annoying reading u guys continuosly crapping each others opinions. Thirdly, i just wanted to sat to Paintaballer, stop being the biggest hater. All your posts are just hate posts, i mean wtf is up with telling the new guy "Nice Triple Post"? HES ONLY GOT 14 POSTS GOD DAMMIT!

Yeah, so everyone just lay off each others opinions, i guess u can challenge them as everyone has their right for free speech but u dont have to make it all offensive or hate like.

OMG your such an idiot! At school anyone who likes the PS3 you always argue why its so crap! (Eg. Jason and Blake). Dont bullshit man just because you want to have friends.... hahaha! SUCK ON THAT BITCHES!

I'll admit I wouldnt mind a PS3 merely for its graphical prowess, itd go nicely alongside my very fun Wii. But, I dont have the money, and I needed sumthing unique to try and get my whole family back into games, it may payoff, and they can start buying games for it. :p

Yer pretty much... and thats the point. I dont have 1000buks to spend on a console, which at that point STILL wont have anygames. meanwhile for the same cash i have a wii with 8games. Oh and to enjoy the PS3 fully, I'd need a HD TV, so add another 2000 (6000 to have one the size of our existing TV). At this stage my Wii would have over 60 games and still look just as great on my older TV, which is still huge.
1 console, no games, and a TV to fully appreciate any HD advantage. OR
1 console, 68games and a 55-inch TV which displays it perfectly...hmmmmmm

Deanis said:
Yer pretty much... and thats the point. I dont have 1000buks to spend on a console, which at that point STILL wont have anygames. meanwhile for the same cash i have a wii with 8games. Oh and to enjoy the PS3 fully, I'd need a HD TV, so add another 2000 (6000 to have one the size of our existing TV). At this stage my Wii would have over 60 games and still look just as great on my older TV, which is still huge.
1 console, no games, and a TV to fully appreciate any HD advantage. OR
1 console, 68games and a 55-inch TV which displays it perfectly...hmmmmmm

Where do you shop? A Ps3 costs $500 - $600 depending on the model and a good HDTV can be had for $699. Vizio 32" HD LCD. So please, tell me where the hell are you getting these prices from?

Australian prices. And my TV atm is 55-inch, why on earth would I buy a 32" LCD if i have a 55inch TV which would run my Wii fine. So I got my prices from Australia, thats right, not EVERYone is an ignorant american :)

ABC said:
Where do you shop? A Ps3 costs $500 - $600 depending on the model and a good HDTV can be had for $699. Vizio 32" HD LCD. So please, tell me where the hell are you getting these prices from?

Even if that IS the case man (bear in mind that you do NOT get such prices everywhere in the world), do you honestly think that $1200 minimum is a sensible price to enjoy a video games system?????????????????

haha thankyou thinktank... for a real PC maybe, but i seriously wouldnt want a PS3 as a 'PC'. 60gig? come on... iPods hold that much :p
If i wanted a PC id be welll.... sitting here, like i am already, why on earth do i need another one?
1200 is NOT a sensible price for a videogame console. 400 is MUCH closer, plus that comes with a game to use with it.

Think_Tank said:
Even if that IS the case man (bear in mind that you do NOT get such prices everywhere in the world), do you honestly think that $1200 minimum is a sensible price to enjoy a video games system?????????????????

Excuse me? Minimum? I've owned an HDTV, your making it sound like it a madatory part. If you want to step into the next-generation of visual entertainment, it isn't 2 channel sound with standard definition televisions anymore buddy. Not sure where you've been for the past 6 or so years.

more and more people are converting to HDTV. Do you think when old tv's are breaking down, they're going to buy another crt tv? no they'll probably upgrade to an HDTV.

Yuu said:
more and more people are converting to HDTV. Do you think when old tv's are breaking down, they're going to buy another crt tv? no they'll probably upgrade to an HDTV.

I just bought a standard def tv after my old tv went out.

Graphics hell i could care less. Im still playing my NES from time to time. If you really need snappy graphics and HDTV please walk away from your monitor and go outside and see what real graphics are :thumbsup:

ok, woah woah WOAH..this is getting a bit crazy here..

did ABC EVER say hey everyone wii sucks, PS3 is so much better everyone should go out and buy one because they're cheap?..

um no he didnt, all he said was wow i played the PS3 and the graphics are great (no one can really argue there) and he even enforced the idea that graphics arent everything, he said
ABC said:
All of us Wii fans say that graphics dont matter very much, but it sure would be nice.
sooo..what the hell is this fight about?.. sure the ps3 is expensive, but its cuz its expensive to manufacture...if i had the money right now, there would be a PS3 at my house..

so stop fighting...its honestly bordering...actually no its already crossed into rediculous/redundant/immature arguing.

ABC said:
You know what's funny. Alot of people that have played the Ps3 that before that bashed it... all said what you said. I personally can't wait to get one. I don't mind not keeping the launch console I recieve... even though I am debating whether or not I should. If I decide to.. I will have all 3 next-gen consoles by Sunday... Hmmm.

Fully agreed... I am not at all interested in a PS3... But, I played a late build of Motorstorm (sort of rally truck off road) and holy crap, that game is unbelievable! I agree with gameplay over graphics, but the graphics on this game are phenomenal AND the gameplay was insanely cool. They physics engine which manages vehicle motion, damage, momentum, turning, crashing, etc. are all unreal! I stepped over to the Wii and played Excite Truck again and it really is LAME with a capital L compared to Motorstorm. Sure, the controller tilt in Excitetruck is neat at first, but it can't possibly make up for the tremendous difference in the overall graphics (and physics modeling) that the PS3 is capable of.

I'm still not going to buy a PS3 because it is too damn much money and I need games for my kid to play so I'll still have to go Wii at some point in the future...

Back