Playing burnt gamecube games

They will just update firmware when its possible, so ud have to keep getting something new anyways. lol.

So I would need to buy a chip? I was hopeing for something software based...

FastJunkie said:
Is this possible on the wii?

No it's not possible (at the moment). Don't listen to Toad, he's just getting your hopes up.

There are videos on YouTube which show a hacked Wii, but the videos are fake. As of today, the Wii does not support GameCube backups.

it is possible, if you get a modchip. look up console hacking 2006 on youtube its a real conference on how its possible and its quite funny too

Wii17 said:
it is possible, if you get a modchip. look up console hacking 2006 on youtube its a real conference on how its possible and its quite funny too

If that's the one with the speaker who is German I think (but speaking English) - then i'm pretty sure it became apparent that it was a fake. The audio of the audience is that from the Apple conference. Plus I think Nintendo would of asked Google to remove it from YouTube if it were true.

Homebrew for GC and Wii is well under development. Do a simple google search on the topic and your bound to run into the "right" forum.

Is it possible now? no.
But will it be possible later? definitely.

There are many people out there saying that in time consoles are going to dissapear. Hackers will find way too many loopholes in the newer systems since most systems are becoming more and more like computers for the living room... next thing you know itll just be somethin weird like hey check out my new HP game system, er well livingroom computer system.

Yea its just a matter of a few years n its all gonna bust wide open.. the gaming companies wont be able to hold a monopoly on system hardware anymore. It'll be bye bye systems and hello open market owned by software companies.

if not... its a nice dream :lol:

either that or we will be waiting about 10 years for a release of the console. The companies will tell us they are working on a console and then bammm a whole 10 years later its released, because they spent this 10 years trying to fix up all the loopholes.

Back