Playing GameCube Games on the Wii

I'm confused. I just tried to hook up my GameCube controllers to my wii and it had different connections?

I saw the flap on top of the wii (I have mine standing up), but it had 2 long connector types.

Isn't the connector on the GameCube controller round??

Thanks

Oh maybe I did not look close enough.

It is in the entertainment center next to my tv and the power cord is so short on the wii that I can't pull it out at all to get a good look.

Thanks!

lol I didn't think I would have to tell ya boy that, that was the wrong slot lol..... I should've been more clear. That's my fault.............. But you should have known you had the wrong flap because I said you would see four GC controller slots.

WiiWidget said:
Oh maybe I did not look close enough.

It is in the entertainment center next to my tv and the power cord is so short on the wii that I can't pull it out at all to get a good look.

Thanks!

my god man, read the bloody manual! thats what they are there for!

Well once I flipped it up I knew I had the wrong slots.

I didn't realize there were *two* flaps to flip up!

As I have said before, I am not a gamer and all of this is foreign to me. Thanks for your help!

Ryan450 said:
my god man, read the bloody manual! thats what they are there for!

I did not see it in the manual but thank you for your friendly, clever remark.

wiiwidget its cool man lol................... Don't feel bad dude. either you know or you don't know. I just had to help a brother out........... You should try get a drop cord to for your wii... You feel me on that right? But i thought you would have found it after you found the first flap, But after you say how your wii was set up. I kinda see why you had trouble..........WELL NOW YOU KNOW LOL

WiiWidget said:
Well once I flipped it up I knew I had the wrong slots.

I didn't realize there were *two* flaps to flip up!

As I have said before, I am not a gamer and all of this is foreign to me. Thanks for your help!

People never cease to amaze me.:shocked:

well excuse me csiguy for not spending every waking hour playing games and then any minute I'm not playing games, I am on the net reading about playing games.

Yesterday when I was confused, I had just finished writing a 150 page paper for grad school, so excuse me if I am a little fried and I'm somewhat confused on how to to use this thing, which is NEW technology to me and completely foreign. I do have a life that does not revolve around gaming.

Thankssomuch.

Hotpotato- thank you for being cool and helping me. I know you must feel so much better about yourself since you say kind things and strive to help people instead of attempting to degrade them. Good for you! Oh and p.s., I'm not a dude. ;)

Last edited:
WiiWidget said:
I did not see it in the manual but thank you for your friendly, clever remark.

oh really? well in my manual it says in the table of contents "using the gamecube controllers pages 28 - 29" I turn to page 28 - 29 and oh my gosh! it shows where the flaps are and how to open them! They even show me how to connect the controller in! happy days happy days :D.

WiiWidget said:
well excuse me csiguy for not spending every waking hour playing games and then any minute I'm not playing games, I am on the net reading about playing games.

Yesterday when I was confused, I had just finished writing a 150 page paper for grad school, so excuse me if I am a little fried and I'm somewhat confused on how to to use this thing, which is NEW technology to me and completely foreign. I do have a life that does not revolve around gaming.

Thankssomuch.

Hotpotato- thank you for being cool and helping me. I know you must feel so much better about yourself since you say kind things and strive to help people instead of attempting to degrade them. Good for you! Oh and p.s., I'm not a dude. ;)

and once more all that confusion would have been avioded had you just took 5 minutes to read that manual :p.

Back