Playing gamecube games on wii

heyfurs

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2007
I just bought a Wii.
I don't have a gamecube, but have some gamecube games.
Do I need a game cube controller to play gamecube games on wii?

yeah the GC controller and memory cards plug into the top of ur wii when u open these lil panels

so yeah, u need a controller

Yes, sadly you do. They might be somewhat hard to find nowadays too. But, you should be able to get one at a gamestop I imagine. Probably used, but cheap.

EDIT: Good team work you two! We dominated that!

be careful about buying 3rd party controllers...some of them don't work. I have a MadKatz one and it does work...

some 3rd party ones are fine like the gamestop chamellion ones. i bought one of those about a year ago and it still works fine and is comfortable too but you'd be best off spending about 5 more dollars and getting a used official one IMO

Be sure to read your Wii manual. This question as well as others you may have will be answered in there and you don't have to wait for a response.

Does the "Classic controller" function with GC games?
You would think it would, its practicly a GC controller.

OFF-Topic
Who else things that playing a 64VC game with a GC controller feel weird, mainly the joystick lol, it is for me

You will need a GC controller as well as a GC memory card to play and store your GC game data. Be careful though, as some third party controllers do not seem to be compatible.

Dayoh said:
Does the "Classic controller" function with GC games?
You would think it would, its practicly a GC controller.

OFF-Topic
Who else things that playing a 64VC game with a GC controller feel weird, mainly the joystick lol, it is for me

i agree

especially for some reason the ones that used the C buttons and now its a C stick...lol feels awkward

ya, you do need a gamecube controller. They are really inexpensive though now. Just DO NOT EVER get controller thats NOT made by Nintendo. Also, I recommend getting a wireless controller. They're a little bit more but its really cool to keep everything wireless :)

5 words.

Wireless Silver Wavebird Gamecube Controller.

Last edited:
BigORhyme said:
Wavebirds are sweet. Too bad they came out so late in the Gamecube's lifetime.
My Gamecube games are still getting played, hard. But, yeah...it's a shame they weren't really introduced until the Gamecube's "death".

man i was reading down and i was like... im so going to suggest wavebird ... but well that all came crashing down... anyway get wavebird they rock and it keeps it wireless

Back