playing wii through laptop

TortillaChip520: I dont think its going to reach either way. You should make your own. Its really easy to do! You only need a stick, 4 IR LED, some wire and a battery pack that holds 2 AA batteries.

Careful, some USB tv carts will introduce too much lag. You might want to look for a the old Adaptec Gamebridge. I have one and it works ok for what you're trying to do. It's not at all high quality though, it's like any other standard def display. It doesn't look that great, but it does allow you to play game systems on a computer with virtually no lag.

As for getting signal to a projector. Again, through a PC you're going to get too much lag. You need to directly connect. There are cables that can do this for you. I have a projector setup at home that I play Wii on.

sherwood3570 said:
You might be able to buy cables for the Wii that has S-video input. Head scratcher for me. Myself, I have a 32" Magnavox that I use for my monitor and tv, switch it back and forth by the push of a button. :), I bought it at Shopko for 300 on sale. It's HD too, although I've never used that function.
oh, i thought i read "Shoko" at first :lol:

TortillaChip520 said:
do they make extensions for the audio/visual cables?

Yes. I have component cables for the Wii that go to my receiver for the audio portion. Then I have a component female to female plug that lets me plug in another component cable set. This set is 50' which runs from our entertainment center to the wall and then up into the ceiling for the projector. If I want to play Wii on the TV instead I just swap the cable at the Wii. Works nice.

http://www.monoprice.com for your cable needs. I'm not affiliated all with them but they have great prices on really good cables.

Back