Playstation 2 the biggest hit at christmas

NuFLo

Wii wish you a merry xmas
Dec 3, 2006
Derbyshire UK
Just thought i would share with you. Taken from engadget:

Well despite the fact that CNBC recently reported some erroneous figures regarding console sales for this holiday season, it looks like the official numbers still show a resounding Xbox 360 victory among next-gen systems during the month of December. Official stats being published by The NPD group show that Microsoft sold 1.1 million of its boxes last month, followed by Nintendo with 604,000 Wiis, and PS3 bringing up the rear with 491,000 consoles sold. It's not all bad news for Sony, however: when we add in all systems sold during this time period (not just the three that everyone has been fussin' and fightin' over), the overall king of Holiday Season 2006 was actually the PS2, with 1.4 million systems pushed out the door. Sure these last-gen boxes can be found for much cheaper than their newer counterparts, but at least Sony is making a profit off of them, unlike the $300+ it's losing on each 20GB PS3. We'll leave the analysis of these numbers to the experts (a.k.a. fanboy commenters), and simply note that we were way ahead of the curve on this one -- we picked up Holiday 2006's most popular console way back in October 2000.

The link - http://www.engadget.com/

That's not surprising. I love my PS2 and I'd gladly by a PS2 before a Wii if I didn't already have both.

But yes, the PS2 is much cheaper to game on and new games still appear. Not surprising at all.

Lol my ps2 slim is like a backup for my Wii, once ive got bored on my Wii I can choose out of my 26 ps2 games

Its good to see the Ps2 still pumping a little $$, even tho i hate sony. I admit i liked alot of the games on the Ps2, (ps3 is shitay tho).

PtonJalken said:
Its good to see the Ps2 still pumping a little $$, even tho i hate sony. I admit i liked alot of the games on the Ps2, (ps3 is shitay tho).

I can agree with that.

I own many sony products and the PS3 just makes me shake my head. I was excited about it at first but not anymore lol.

I still play my PS2 regularly. Right now completing hunts for Final Fantasy XII

Im not too surprised. If people werent walking out of gamestop with a 360, they had a PS2 in their hands. Plus PS2 has a crap load of awesome RPGs

Redan499 said:
Im not too surprised. If people werent walking out of gamestop with a 360, they had a PS2 in their hands. Plus PS2 has a crap load of awesome RPGs

This is the most factual reply I have seen. :cornut:

Back