Playstation 3 Review...

the_peripheral

X, I'll own u N ELEBITS!
Nov 11, 2006
Wii Online Code
2256-8779-8853-1823
This is just a small quote from a Playstation 3 review that I found on CNN.com...It's some of the only negative things that were said about it, but they bring a smile to my face...

"Controlling games is pretty close to what PlayStation veterans are used to. The major shift this time is Sony has included a motion sensor in its controller (which has been redubbed the Sixaxis). In "NBA 07," for instance, twisting the controller will let you juke around an opposing player.

The problem is that the motion doesn't feel natural here, as it does with the Nintendo Wii. Perhaps as developers get more used to the feature, they'll be better able to incorporate it into their games. Initially, though, you get the impression they were caught off guard when the feature was announced -- and rushed to find some way to include it.

Gone also is the rumble effect from the controller -- an omission that has upset many Sony loyalists. Personally, I miss the shaking. The feeling of a slight rumble in your hands as you fired a virtual weapon added to the fun."

PS3 is a powerful video game system, but far from perfect - Nov. 16, 2006

Once you've plugged in and configured your PS3, you'll have to update the system software. Some (but not all) launch games will include that system update, which means the process will take 5 minutes or so. If not, you'll download and install the upgrade from the internet (as I did). This method takes more than 10 minutes. It's frustrating, especially having spent this much.

:lol: Regardless of how humorous this is, what a great idea! I just hope they don't get stupid with updates and end up with a crapload of problems. I think the PS3 should do well... it looks promising. But, more importantly to me, when can I pick up my Wii :lol: :D

Ouch no rumble???wtf is goin on!!!

na for real i think that rumble its a must! and a little speaker 2

just can't rip motion sensing and have it work with rumble in less than 2 months... Nintendo spent years with the concept and still hasn't perfected it as much as I'd like but made a huge leap from previous tries at it, it should be awesome none-the-less

Equis said:
Ouch no rumble???wtf is goin on!!!

na for real i think that rumble its a must! and a little speaker 2

rumble is a must???and a little speaker????
WTF......why dont they resize the ps3 paint it white and put a blue light on it

even if they do that it will never come close to the wii

wii is good wii is the way wii is GOD all hail the wii!!!!!!!!!!!!

danm I hate Sony.....they would never had motion sensor controllers if it want for Nintendo!
Just wait the ps4 will have speakers on their controllers!!!

sony is so desperate that they had o ditch the rumble feature in its controllers so they could include the lame tilting crap

ROFLMFAO rummble is definetly NOT needed. I play nintendo super smash bros. and other gamecube games with a wave bird (that means no rumble) and i dont notice anything in the diference of "fun" when i use a normal controller. Really, rummble is not needed to make a game fun. I find it funny how you find the bad stuff for a console that is not made by nintendo and good stuff for nintendo products. Why not post both good and bad for all consoles? Il start by saying that "RedSteel" was way too over rated. The graphics are horible and the controls are no better. just my 2 cents.

Dark Void said:
ROFLMFAO rummble is definetly NOT needed. I play nintendo super smash bros. and other gamecube games with a wave bird (that means no rumble) and i dont notice anything in the diference of "fun" when i use a normal controller. Really, rummble is not needed to make a game fun. I find it funny how you find the bad stuff for a console that is not made by nintendo and good stuff for nintendo products. Why not post both good and bad for all consoles? Il start by saying that "RedSteel" was way too over rated. The graphics are horible and the controls are no better. just my 2 cents.

The Wiimotes rumble I think helps a lot!
I turned it off and just couldnt go without it! Games like COD3 and Zelda feel much much better with it! So this time around I say that the rumble feature helps alot and is very necceasry!

it was a great move. the wii-mote is tiny, it doesn't take a big motor to vibrate it, the ps3 controller is bigger, bigger motor, more buttons, yadda yadda it would suck the batteries out of the things, and I heard they were built in rechargable joints so having them run out all the time would signifigantly shorten their lifespan and piss people off. my brother in law has a ps3, got it on launch, haven't been over to check it out yet, i should grab a 2-4 and go visit this weekend with my Wii. has anyone here actually TRIED the ps3 controller?

plus rumble is stupid. why does getting shot in the leg make your hands vibrate?

I just want to say, I love rumble, when you get shot in the back or shot in games that don't indicate where it's coming from it can be quite useful, in cut scenes with earthquakes, ruins rising out of the sea etc I like the feel of the rumble, it adds to the experience and we all know PS3 didnt leave out the rumble because of the meagre motion sensing rather the fact they were dragged through the law courts for refusing to pay loyalties to the company who invented the idea/it as opposed to nintendo and microsoft who did.

Think about it, it would make sense that a company a bit worried about their competitors would try and incorporate their opponents USP (Unique Selling Point) to say "Look we can do that and more" only it hasn't really worked for Sony, they just gave themselves bad rep/press.

Back