Playstation 3 Review...

Dark Void said:
I find it funny how you find the bad stuff for a console that is not made by nintendo and good stuff for nintendo products. Why not post both good and bad for all consoles?

Amen to that. And that is exactly why I stay away from these conversations. Talk about bias, these kids on here are worst than the ultra left wing CNN.

jus. said:
plus rumble is stupid. why does getting shot in the leg make your hands vibrate?

Rumble stupid? Rumble is great. Though the Wii rumble sucks somethin awful. Not only does it weigh the controller down nicely it provides a better gaming experience.

Now why does getting shot in the leg make your hands rumble? Well maybe you didnt see your leg getting shot. But you felt it didnt you? Or how about the bumps in the road while your racing. Kinda feels like your offroad huh? I guess I rest my case.

I jammed out on my bro in law's PS3 for a couple hours yesterday. Controller is a LOT lighter without the rumble feature. I didn't miss it. I usually turn it off anyway. My point is basically that the inclusion or removal of a rumble feature is not all that important in the general awesomeness of a console. I don't like my Wii because it vibrates I like it because it's dope. I don't think PS3 sucks because it doesn't vibrate, I like it because it is also dope.

I played the ps3 controller... About 10 years ago as its the same as the fricken ps1 analogue controller... No rumble? Rumble is awesome. It makes the experience totally more immersive. Imagine driving with no feedback or resistance from your steering wheel - thats the difference in immersion. And what the hell are you supposed to do with a "6 axis" ps1/2/"3" controller? tilt it? shake it..? woo can see that being great for games... Can't wait to play all my old re-hashed ps2 game sequels with "better" graphics where I can "shake" the controller...

I'm gonna get a wii and a 360. better games. better features. and if I want blue ray I'll buy a damn blue ray player...

Before I get slagged for bein a sony-hater. I "loved" the PS2 - played the sh*t out of it. but compared to what the wii and 360 are offering the ps3 (sorry the ps2.5) looks a dissapointment...

The steering works exactly the same as Wii games, it's pretty awesome. Quit being a dick and making me defend something I don't want out of fairness.

steering - thats one use. compared to the wiimote which has how many uses? look at wiiplay for an example. I think this is clutching at straws by sony.

Basically you aren't going to be able to build a game around that control feature - developers will have to go out of their way to think about ways of trying to including it. -

BrandonMcAuslan said:
steering - thats one use. compared to the wiimote which has how many uses? look at wiiplay for an example. I think this is clutching at straws by sony.

Basically you aren't going to be able to build a game around that control feature - developers will have to go out of their way to think about ways of trying to including it. -

Bro, comparing the Wii with the Ps3 is like comparing cocaine to saw dust... give it a rest.

I'm not comparing - I am highlighting sony's inability to put the right amount of planning and fore-sight into their products and business strategy (at least within the gaming industry). They are going head to head with microsoft over "best graphics" thats the only diff all that extra processing power is gonna make. Then where do we go? Nintendo have done well to steer in a new direction.
The PS3 has made a mistake with blue-ray. Blue ray has only been out 5 months or so. When the ps2 was released dvd's had been around for 2 years. The DVD market was already establishing itself sony got on that bandwagon with a gaming console to boot. That was clever/lucky.

Also not just comparing it to wii. The 360 innovated with the first widely used wireless control pad - and excellent online service. I can't think of anything sony has done similar?

you're right about that. it's almost a 'just because we can' addition....

the only REAL good move sony ever made was having faith in rockstar

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Also not just comparing it to wii. The 360 innovated with the first widely used wireless control pad - and excellent online service. I can't think of anything sony has done similar?

Nope, Sony wasn't the first one to release the now standard, dual analog controller when the Playstation 2 launched in the year 2000. Not to mention it sold over 106 million consoles until this day. Sony revamped the industry and now they are taking technology to the next level and you are mad at them for that? I mena what your saying makes complete sense, seriously, you should become a video game analyst. You'd be famous.

I will be the first one to admit,

Sony does not care about game play so much. All their products revolve around the physical, the attractivity, the appeal.

physical and attractivity? these things look like they were designed by somebodies idea of the future back in the 1920s. they're huge and unwieldly.

Wii is a little too boxy for my design tastes but it's got a teeny footprint and is at least not HARD on the eyes. And it's durable.

I'm getting a PS3 when it's worth getting one. Maybe late cycle or when they drop PS4 haha.

Back