Please bring DS and 3DS games to the Wii U

maybe. Or it would be sales to people that wouldn't buy a 3DS regardless, and to people that later on decide they would like to take the games with them on the go (providing the 3DS can be linked to the same account and games, otherwise people might not want to pay twice)

Hm... valid points. I ain't no economist, so I've no idea which of our ideas would be the wisest decision in regards t' profits.

Either way, I want t' play (3)DS games on the Gamepad.

I was thinkin' more along the lines of just bein' able to play 3DS games on the big screen as opposed t' buyin' a remade Wii U version. Don't the Vita 'n PS3 do somethin' like that? Yeah, they definitely do, but I forget how it all works...

Word, word! I hear you! I didn't think of that aspect of it, I like the sound of it tho.

How so? Nintendo themselves say that while they won't be making 3D games for the Wii U, third party developers still can.

S'pose I shouldn't just be assumin', but ain't the 3DS' 3D achieved through the system itself? If so, obviously the Wii U can't copy that 'less the TV is a one'a them absurdly expensive 3D ones.

I have to admit I don't know. But considering the GameCube supported 3D, I imagine most of the 3D work is game code or can be emulated. The Wii U is a tad more powerful than a 3DS, so it might be possible.

nonono

Now this, I do know. The 'Cube does indeed have 3D capabilities, but not alone. It needs a certain type'a TV screen in order for anythin' programmed as 3D to appear as such. An expensive screen, hence why no 'Cube games use 3D. The programming which allows the possibility of 3D is still in the console's hardware, but ya still need a screen.

And on that note, I decided t' stop bein' a lazy douche and look up how the 3DS' 3D works. No idea if that's perfectly correct with all the maths, sciences etc., but other search results reveal the 3DS indeed has this parallax barrier.

http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/3d.aspx

I
f I recall correctly, only the top screen of the 3DS is 3D.

That being said, I was mistaken on what Nintendo said. In reality they said absolutely nothing. the Wii U does support HDMI 1.4 (needed for 3D), But I can't actually guarantee that all of the hardware required for 3D is there.

Last edited:
If the 3D was actually a deciding factor for ya buyin' the system, I am severely disappoint.

Back