PLEASE HELP! Daughter lost everything on our Wii!

ExFido

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2009
My daughter apparently somehow reset the Wii while playing. Everything appears to be gone: Miis, game info, downloads, even the basic info (time, location, etc.). Maybe it was a hardware failure, I don't know. But she's in tears.

Is there anyway of recovering any of the information? Or is anything stored on the remotes?

For future reference, can the system be backed up, say to an SD card?

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about that. :( Unfortunately, there is no way to recover the lost data. Some data can be stored on the Wii Remote, like a few Miis for example, but you have to store it there, it isn't automatic. Some save files can be backed up to SD card, but some can't. Save files from games that you can play online generally can't be copied to an SD card.

Hmm...thats wierd. Playing a game and you lost all memory? Well, if i recall you cant save game data on the wii mote. If you had an SD card in the first place, that would be a help but not with all games. It does say it clear when you delete data that is cant be re-stored.

Any thoughts how a 7 year old could have deleted everything? Could it be a hardware problem?

The mystery is solved. She went to the Wii Shop Channel, which said it needed a system update. She clicked okay, which briefly takes you to the System Update screen. Well, guess what's in the same spot as the Okay button on the previous screen? Format System Memory. It really shouldn't be that easy to destroy everything. Damn.

The mystery is solved. She went to the Wii Shop Channel, which said it needed a system update. She clicked okay, which briefly takes you to the System Update screen. Well, guess what's in the same spot as the Okay button on the previous screen? Format System Memory. It really shouldn't be that easy to destroy everything. Damn.

them durn whipper-snappers.. :lol:

the only way that happen was she probabily formatted it

the only way that happen was she probabily formatted it

Lookie at what I found!

Back