please help pullin my hair out.

Karlos

WiiChat Member
Sep 1, 2007
Hi there, now I am new to all this so please be gentle with me

I bought a Belkin wireless G USB network adapter about 2 months ago. I got it home set it up and it worked fine with my Wii console allowing me to conect to the internet no problem.

Then I moved house and had the same internet reinstalled and now cant get my Wii online. I have tried reinstalling the software on my laptop but still wont work.

PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME AS I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUt.

Regards
Karlos

Well Your software does it have a program where you can add new hardware on it. like i have a Program Called networkMagic..where i can go to "add hardware" so then on my wii i would test connection while on Network Magic it would search for new Hardware. and then when it finds it..it says want to add "Nintendo Console to new Hardware" and i just put yes then i can go online with the wii...so wtv...if you have it on your Laptop a certain program you can probly do the same thing..as of anything else..try calling your Phone Company for assistant or you modem Company. that might also Help

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply I have called belkin and they have said that the adaptor is working fine and that there must be something on the wii that need activating as the adaptor is picking up other people networks. any ideas??

Is it too far away from the receiver, does you're Wii have anything draped over it?

No its only about 2 metres away and I have tried to bring the wii out and pull the adaptor forward but no joy??????

when you bought your Router, did you get anything with it to install it on your PC/Laptop?

yes i did i got an istallation disk which i installed and everythings works fine but me wii wont connect.

thats really weird...i can't help you any further..i don't know whats wrong..have you tried calling your internet provider?

Yes and they told me to contact Belkin which i did??? thanks for the help anyway and I am sure I will see you around the place.

Sorry i couldn't be more of help :( i wish i could tell you more..but i told you everything I knew

It might also be the Wii that has the problem. call nintendo, they might be able to fix whatever is wrong with the Wii if there is a problem with it. i hope ya get whatevers wrong fixed

hey i had the same problem hooking up my wii in my room...so i downloaded the network magic thing and ran it like demon slayer said and it helped...so maybe you should try a program like trhat

Back