Please help...SD card problem.

Marioman

Locke likes oranges
Mar 18, 2007
Ohio, Cincinnatti
Wii Online Code
2808-0927-1557-0457
I have a 1 gb Max Memory SD card for the Wii...About a month ago I put a unch of files on it for when I sent my Wii in for repair incase they got deleted off the Wii and it worked perfectly. Now I'm trying to save some more data on it but I keep getting the message "The device inserted in the SD card slot cannont be used" I can't seem to be able to use it. Any help would be appreciated...preferablly in the next hour before I leave :)

has the lock tab been switched to the "lock" position on the sd card?

Nope it's unlocked...I even locked it to see if it would work but then it just says the device is locked

you may have to format it..
i'd throw it into a computer and copy the files just in case
throw it back into the wii and format it
and copy the files back onto it

i have no garanties on this, i've had problems with digital cameras and have lost pictures cuz of flash cards. sometimes technology does suck...

is the wii up to date?

I had a similar problem. If you unlock it it still might not work. Which the makers of these SD cards should take those **mn things off. Anyways, you either have to tape your switch really tight so it wont move, or throw it in your card reader a certain way. Can't explain how. It just need s to be put in in a way that the tab wont move

Marioman said:
I have a 1 gb Max Memory SD card for the Wii...About a month ago I put a unch of files on it for when I sent my Wii in for repair incase they got deleted off the Wii and it worked perfectly. Now I'm trying to save some more data on it but I keep getting the message "The device inserted in the SD card slot cannont be used" I can't seem to be able to use it. Any help would be appreciated...preferablly in the next hour before I leave :)

Format it on your PC. Solved.

Just buy a cheap card reader. You should be able to get one for less than $5

Marioman said:
I guess...but why woud it work when I first get it and not work now?
These things get corrupted over time- ??

Flash memory is especially volatile (in my opinion)- I don't trust them for anything really important.

GermanW said:
These things get corrupted over time- ??

Flash memory is especially volatile (in my opinion)- I don't trust them for anything really important.

They don't corrupt themselves. Sounds like your Wii did it.

It'll be fine

Back