Please Help Wii drive motor Running to much

gersrt

WiiChat Member
Oct 26, 2007
Hi

I had my wii open and had the drive out to look at the type of board I had.

To cut a long story short. Now When I press eject on the wii drive it spits the disc out on to the ground. It sounds like the motor is running too long that ejects the disc. It runs for about 20 secs after the disc has been ejeted.

Any Ideas Please

gersrt said:
Hi

I had my wii open and had the drive out to look at the type of board I had.

To cut a long story short. Now When I press eject on the wii drive it spits the disc out on to the ground. It sounds like the motor is running too long that ejects the disc. It runs for about 20 secs after the disc has been ejeted.

Any Ideas Please

You Opened your wii?? you OPENED YOUR WII.
Shouldnt ever do that unless you are an experienced technician.
You can try sending it back to ninty, but they may not fix it as you have voided your warrenty by opening the console.:yesnod:

brendo said:
You Opened your wii?? you OPENED YOUR WII.
Shouldnt ever do that unless you are an experienced technician.
You can try sending it back to ninty, but they may not fix it as you have voided your warrenty by opening the console.:yesnod:
I agree. Sending your console to Nintendo is your best choice, but you may have already voided the warranty.

Ok Thanks Guys.

But I was hoping for more technical answers.

Like I didn;t put it back together properly

I shorted something.

Or there is a sensor that is out of line. That senses when to stop the eject motor.

thanks anyway

okay, so i know a little about electronics... Can you say what EXACTLY you touched? ..just the drive housing screws? did you remove the whole drive and disconnect it at all?...did you use an electronics screwdriver and wrist earth strap?

i think nintendo will help you out..if they giveyou problems tell them a bunch of dust got sucked into the console or a bug crawled in and u had to get it out..they might buy it

gerst just call nintendo and tell them that dust gut caught or a bug crawled in and you opened it to take it out like Jay said call Ninty they always fall for everything.

Back