please help

con77

Joined the dark side
Mar 8, 2007
Manchester
i need help im buying a xbox 360 but i dont want to get the wrong one by mistake i need to know whats the difference between an premium xbox and a core one

i need to know

can a core go on xbox live
whats the memory on each
and the rest thats different with the core and premium

MasterJedi2U said:
If you want the latest XBox 360 (the Elite version) PM me for some information.

i dont want the elite but can someone just tell me the difference between them and can the core go on xbox live

Look thru the forums and SEARCH. Its pretty much laid out for all to see. Heres a hint. Click on the XBox section of the side and look around.

thanks for posting the guide but the one thing i need to know after ive bought a hard drive for it and i get it on the internet can it go on xbox live ( core )

con77 said:
thanks for posting the guide but the one thing i need to know after ive bought a hard drive for it and i get it on the internet can it go on xbox live ( core )
xbox core can go online yes..its the selling point of the 360, so therefore it takes advantage of that just like any other model =]

Basically both systems are the same except for the fact the core doesn't come with a 20 gig memory. However if you plan to download a lot of content etc I would wait until the Xbox 360 Elite comes out. There is a 100 gig difference between the elite and the premium system.

Last edited:
If you don't need 120Gb of memory (ie. you don't intend on storing music or pictures, using the movie download service etc.) then the Premium (20Gb HDD, 13Gb useable) will probably suffice rather than the Elite. I've had my Premium for a year now and don't recall ever using more that 3-4Gb of memory at any one time.

I would always go for the Premium over the Core though. More cost effective in the long run as you're bound to want a HDD after a while.

Back