Please Help

Moorzee

WiiChat Member
May 9, 2007
I turned my wii on and put a game in and an update screen came on the blue bar went across while it was updating once finished i got a screen come up saying you tried to access marc:eu/eu/eng/setup/screensave.html which is unavailable go to operas online help desk for help thing is i have never been on the net with my wii and dont have anything connected to access the net when i turn the wii off or try resetting i still get the same screen

yeah it was spm and yes im in the UK any ideas how to fix it?

:( I thought so. That error is very specific.
Let me guess that you are using the US version of the game?

If so I will try to help you but...... well chances are good that you will not be able to play your Wii for a while if ever

I heard of this problem before. It was in other threads about how SPM was the first game to Wii's breakdown to PAL Wiis.

I tried my best to find more information on the problem. There are a few groups working on a fix but so far there has been no success.

Moorzee,,, Im sorry to say but at least for now your Wii is dead. A method to recover it will most likely be created but it may take a while.

I dont know if its true but I did read that someone was able to send their Wii to Nintendo for repair and it was fixed. Maybe they overlooked the chip?

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
you just got OWNED BY NINTendo

thats what u get
its nice to see people who always think the worst of others. :frown2:. the chips can also allow you to play legally bought (non burned) imports. how do you know he didnt do that?

anyways back on topic, your wii is screwed. what happened was it updated your system with an NTSC patch but your system is a PAL system. as of right now their is no fix sorry

No Not yet..... Ciper & Mitch Thanks for the replies will post when its sorted

ive also bricked mine. i have a wiikey and was loading mario strikers, got the update screen, and then the dreaded error. I have a US wii and was loading what i believed was a US mario strikers. For the love of wii we need a solution to this. I expect hundreds more people to turn up with the same problem soon.

Back