Please save the English Language online

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I've noticed more and more since I've been here the incredible amount of people who have no regard whatsoever for proper English. I've been ignoring it for now but a recent thread really threw me over the edge.

I don't mind typos, I do it too. I'm just lucky enough that Firefox has a real time spell check like Word uses.

But that's not what I'm talking about. Just stop butchering the English language......Please

r is not our
Their, they're, there
u is not you

Stuff like that. Especially if you're going to be involved in some intellectual debate. I'm not going to listen to a word you say if you're not smart enough to properly communicate your point in typing.

Thank you.

Sorry, but this isn't going to help.

Yeah, so occasionally those computer n00bs come on and use that, but for the most part it's alright. At least websites aren't like that.

i dont think that its that big of a deal...its faster to type and as long as ppl know how to type on the computer...and how to write in school or whatever its no problem at all...only sometimes those nerds want evrything to be perfect

"omg u r the most dumbest peron in da wurld"

It's obnoxious. It's flat out annoying and you come off as incredibly stupid

well the english language isnt being lost from people typing like that so theres nothing to save...and i dont have any problem with it...its like that on msn and other things..."y dont u jus chillax and loosen up for a once jeez"

omg r u serious

its not like people dont know how to type or n e thing its just that its a faster way to type and alot easier

like instead of typing you just put u or like whats up?-sup? or wuts up

and nothing much-nm never mind-nvm i dont know idk

my point is that there is no difference

Homesrfan said:
Sorry, but this isn't going to help.

Yeah, so occasionally those computer n00bs come on and use that, but for the most part it's alright. At least websites aren't like that.

way to agree with him and still spell noobs with zeros. last time i checked numbers wernt in the alphabet.

I may be dislexic but typein (lol usein my accent online)like that is lazy

But posters that use text speak dont last long

My sig says it for me.

You can usualy get the age of people from their word structure, it's mostly the younger generation who type like they are paying per letter - I blame the education system.

In instant message conversation and text messages I will use stuff like, 'ne', 'b4' etc but only because I feel it is acceptable to use it when you know who you are talking to, but in a public place (i.e. forums) I think it is just very poor forum conduct.

I tend to stick with proper grammar, especially on forums like this. I just think text message writing just makes people sound a bit stupid or lazy.

tank said:
"omg u r the most dumbest peron in da wurld"

It's obnoxious. It's flat out annoying and you come off as incredibly stupid

:thumbsup: SHOUT OUT to PGH!!! I miss it.

I realize the benefeits of being able to type faster whilst using improper grammar. However I do believe that it greatly reflects on the writers level of intelligence and maturity. If you do not choose to speak proper english, then I will treat you as if you are a fool who is INCAPABLE of speaking proper english.

Back to this whole typing fast... Seriously if you can't type fast with correct English and you feel you have to use 'text talk', you will have serious problems in getting a job later on in life.

WiiPlaya said:
i dont think that its that big of a deal...its faster to type and as long as ppl know how to type on the computer...and how to write in school or whatever its no problem at all...only sometimes those nerds want evrything to be perfect

...I actually find it harder, and take more time to write like that.

Back