please say hello to the most reilistic PES(winning elevens) ever

thank god! I was a bit depressed when EA was trying to have a monopoloy on the sports genre. Its good to see that other developers see this and are combatting EA head on.

Just hope the wii version doesnt look anything close to the fifa 08 version. And you can call it footy, I call it Soccer.

Shiftfallout said:
Just hope the wii version doesnt look anything close to the fifa 08 version. And you can call it footy, I call it Soccer.

Stupid Yank names. Football is a better name since you actually use your feet a lot, unlike American football. :D

Napalmbrain said:
Stupid Yank names. Football is a better name since you actually use your feet a lot, unlike American football. :D

stupid? pfft. Have a go at history will ya. Football originated way back to peasants playing with balls. yeah sounds gay but thats what happened. The word foot ball was USED to describe like 10 different sports, foot ball was the equivelant of saying "sport" or "game". There was Rugby Football which evolved into american football. Soccer was a name given to identify the different sports by various leages. While on one side of the world, stupid people couldnt think up a name for the act of playing the sport to they just kept it football. Of course saying football also meant many other types of games.

Gee, talk about simpletons. Rugby Football and American Football have more claim to the football title than you think. So you blame the yanks, which is funny since it was all originated in europe (the naming).

So have at you. =)

I love PES! :) Always preferred it to FIFA

I don't think it's been announced for the Wii..

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
stupid? pfft. Have a go at history will ya. Football originated way back to peasants playing with balls. yeah sounds gay but thats what happened. The word foot ball was USED to describe like 10 different sports, foot ball was the equivelant of saying "sport" or "game". There was Rugby Football which evolved into american football. Soccer was a name given to identify the different sports by various leages. While on one side of the world, stupid people couldnt think up a name for the act of playing the sport to they just kept it football. Of course saying football also meant many other types of games.

Gee, talk about simpletons. Rugby Football and American Football have more claim to the football title than you think. So you blame the yanks, which is funny since it was all originated in europe (the naming).

So have at you. =)

But it still involves more use of the feet. :ciappa:

I don't really like football games...

I'll stick to Strikers.

More titles is good mind.

'The first sport with this name originated in the United Kingdom..' = we get the word football..

Back