PMD2: X-ray specs - WHERE THE ****?!

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
Yo, as the thread title asks, where the hell are the X-ray specs item in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, specifically in Darkness or Sky? This potent item lets the leader view the floor's enemies, allies (such as clients you need to rescue) and even unclaimed items when held. In PMD1 Red&Blue, they were quite rare - but findable. In PMD2, I'm at an absolute loss as to where they could be.

Rumor has it they're found in one of the Zero Isle areas depending on the version of PMD2, but I've been to all 4 areas and have yet to see them.

Aside from said rumors, I've got nothing. Are they found in sealed chambers, or golden chambers? Are they indeed found on the Zero Isle(s)? If so which ones? Are they only obtainable in treasure chests? Can they be gotten as a random mission completion reward? Or are they simple found as random loot inside a dungeon? PLEASE fellow pokemon-ers, help me find this elusive and amazing item.

... Oh, and please don't tell me to use wondermail. I play the game for the thrill of the hunt, whether it be for the ultimate team or an exceedingly rare item. If you have a pair of these rare glasses, I will do almost anything to trade for it as well.

Last edited:
Back