point of wifi!?

Predator182

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
ok, first off, could someone please tell me how to set up my wifi for my wii.
I use a wireless router.

Also, what are the benefits of having wifi for the wii? It's not like there are any online games, right?

No online games right now.

It is very simple. Just go into your Wii settings and select connection information. It's simple point and click.

reas the instructions mate, use the serch button im sure FAQs are plasterd all through this forum, also if your going to start flaming Wiis online then be prepared for a serious retaliation

Predator182 said:
what are the benefits of having wifi for the wii? It's not like there are any online games, right?

First online game on 25th May, which is less then 3 weeks.

Virtual Console, classics to download.

Mii channel, laugh at your friends' Miis.

Internet channel, surf the net

Weather channel, obvious!

U also forgot he news channel.

Its just not that great yet because its still basically in developing stages adn games havn't been released for that yet.

Wi-Fi is very helpfull for the wii because, You can benefit from Buying able to use the shop channel and purchase virtual console games, The virtual console will be a very helpfull feature as from their you can sometimes get a new channel for the wii, also, many of the channels use wi fi such as the everybody votes channel, news, weather forecast, internet, mii channel.

Also, the wi-fi is there so you can get wii system updates/firm ware updates.
These firmware updates basically add new things to shop channel (such as new channels ready for purchase), firmware updates also update your wii with certain bits of software helping your wii, improve its performance or stop bug's or modders getting into the sytem.

Coming soon is online games which will use the wi fi feature to play other wii owners online through wi fi.

:Ddid i do good:lol:

Cpt.McCloud said:
Also, the wi-fi is there so you can get wii system updates/firm ware updates.
These firmware updates basically add new things to shop channel (such as new channels ready for purchase), firmware updates also update your wii with certain bits of software helping your wii, improve its performance or stop bug's or modders getting into the sytem.

This is fine unless you have a mod-chip (I don't) because the firmware can be updated to exclude your chip! Just a thought.. .. .. ..

captainff said:
This is fine unless you have a mod-chip (I don't) because the firmware can be updated to exclude your chip! Just a thought..
Care to provide a source for that information? No hearsay either. Nintendo has yet to have a game/firmware change to prevent the use of modchips.

The most similar situation was the implementation of DNAS on PS2 games which made online play with copied games slightly more difficult.

ciper said:
Care to provide a source for that information? No hearsay either. Nintendo has yet to have a game/firmware change to prevent the use of modchips.

The most similar situation was the implementation of DNAS on PS2 games which made online play with copied games slightly more difficult.

However I reply to that is, by definition, hearsay as I have already stated that my Wii is not chipped. Maybe my original comment was a little inaccurate, and if so, I apologise. However, two things have lead me to that conclusion. . . .1) The number of Wii owners who bricked their consoles trying to play an NTSC version of SPM on a modded PAL Wii, due to the update that the disc required. 2) Hearsay, comment and discussion with people whom I trust to be accurate about these things. They refer to the modchip situation as a game between the console and chip manufacturers ...

Back