Pointer or Motion Sensing?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Which is more revolutionary, the wii's pointer or its motion sensing controls?

I'm going to have to go against the grain and say the pointer is. It is easily incorporated into all kinds of games, rather than, like motion sensing controls, being forced into games, even when they are not needed.

however the pointer is not revolutionary due to the fact that it is so similar to a light gun , the motion senseing is more multifunctional i think

The motion sensing is probably more revolutionary in the industry, however, the pointer is more useful in my opinion, and therefore has it's own rights to 'revolution-ness' as it has been adopted (as well as the motion sensing) as a focal point of the product. It just so happens that so far, the pointer has been incorporated a lot better than the motion sensing, therefore appears to be more revolutionary at the moment. In my opinion.

Revolutionary? None... But if you are talking about revolutionary for a gaming console... I guess it would be the fact that they are both together because there have been peripherals in the past to do both separately. Revolutionary nor innovative would be the word for it... It's just different and fun.

"Just about time" for a dying industry I would say. It might not be dying in numbers but in creative and original games the industry is definitely dead. Kids these days only care about the beauty created by flashy visuals and Nintendo is starting to change that.

Pointer, Motion senesing is nothing new, its just newly added to Video Games, while with the pointer, navagating is easier, i remeber with Xbox I somthimes wished for a pointer, now I got it, in Wii form

Back