Pointer Problem

alicat929

WiiChat Member
Oct 13, 2007
Since this is a problem within a game, I thought I'd post this here.

I was playing Big Brain Academy and got to expert level in Balloon Bash and out of the blue the pointer turned upside down and responded opposite from what it should have. I managed to get the system turned off and turned it back on, and the pointer works fine on the regular menu and in other games, but in Big Brain its upside down and will not rotate. I can still point and click, so the game isn't entirely useless now but the remote won't rotate or flip over. Anyone have an idea how to fix this without resetting the whole console?

maybe that's how expert you have to be, is the pointer does the complete opposite?

i havent played that game yet, but have you tried any other games? does the pointer turn around on the wii menu? how are the batteries?
have you dropped ur wiimote or sensor bar lately? why am i asking so many questions simultaneously?

lol just answer one at a time

LOL!

It seems fine in other games...

The pointer is fine on the main menu...

I changed the batteries thinking that would fix it....

I haven't dropped either the remote or the sensor bar...

And you're asking so many questions because you are just as confused as I am and are trying to think of what happened. LOL

lol well

is it only messed up on that one level, or does it do it now throughout the whole game?

you should try unplugging the nunchuck and plugging it back in, or hitting the little home button in mid gameplay. if that doesnt work, i think youre game might be messed up, my friend.

Actually I figured it out. Everything seemed to be fine otherwise but its really not. I tried to play Tennis on Wii Sports and couldn't even serve, but when I switched remotes it was fine. Something is wrong with that particular remote. :sad: Thats the one that came with my system too, and the one that responds to it the best of the three I have. Think Nintendo will replace it? I've only had that thing since August.

i'm sure they will. i think you'd have to send it back, but it's easier to just go to the store and buy a new remote, then put the broken one in the new package and return it :smilewinkgrin:
lol

Just a quick note to say I fixed it. The "spanking" thing really does work. If the remote isn't reading correctly, try smacking it against your palm a few times. Mine works perfectly now.

that happened to me to, but mine didn't work even after i shaked it or "spanked" it (haha) so i sent it to nintendo and they sent back a new one, maybe you should do the same if it happens again.

Back