Pokemon Battle Rev. questions?

FireAngel7

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2007
We just got a Wii yesterday, and I was looking at some games to buy and I know that my brother and I always enjoy Pokemon games.

For Pokemon Revolution, it says something about transferring pokemon from your Nintendo DS...well, we never bought a DS.

Can we still create/capture/pick/whatever pokemon on this game without transferring them from DS?

you see this pokemon game is different from other. there is no actual story or capturing involved.the only thing that keeps this game going is the ds connectivity and the online battling feature. i dont recommend you get this game. i hope this game doesnt spoil your view on pokemon because they are usually great games.

SSBBFan101 said:
this game is bad, so bad, it'll **** on your soul and stay there, then ur soul will be contaminated and start to disintegrate, then your soul will die! YOU'LL HAVE NO SOUL!!!

spazzing much?

thas said:
spazzing much?

just a little :eek:ut:

thas said:
you see this pokemon game is different from other. there is no actual story or capturing involved.the only thing that keeps this game going is the ds connectivity and the online battling feature. i dont recommend you get this game. i hope this game doesnt spoil your view on pokemon because they are usually great games.

Well, that sucks.

I suppose I'll jsut have to go back to game hunting >_<

Can you play it without the DS entirely, though?

So, okay, if this game has no plot or storyline, what exactly IS it?

You don't have to use the DS to connect but the only pokemon you'll be using to battle are the ones you rent out from the game.

Besides not having a storyline, it has an alright one player mode and the online connectivity is limited but still good. You will get a lot of legendary users which sometimes can get annoying.

I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have a DS with Diamond/Pearl. You would only be able to use rental pokemon like mentioned before, and all of those are pretty much crap with even crappier moves. It's best to have pokemon you built from the ground up with a good move set so you can have an advantage online playing other people. With just rentals it would be really hard to win any matches against even a novice trainer.

Plus you get a Surfing Pikachu as a prize for beating the game, which can be transfered back to your DS. This is the only way to obtain a Pikachu that can surf, so you're even missing out on the bonus features without a DS.

I have a lot of games, if you have any more questions about any I have probably played it.

So what about playing over the internet? How is that done? We got this game for Christmas and I am disappointed but my son is enjoying it even though we don't have a DS....

Don't buy this piece of trash! This game had to be the absolute worst Pokemon game ever made. I thought online play would be cool, but it wasn't. It's a slow laggy, boring waste of time. If you have diamond or Pearl stick with those.

flybabytin said:
So what about playing over the internet? How is that done? We got this game for Christmas and I am disappointed but my son is enjoying it even though we don't have a DS....

First you would have to configure the Wifi from your main Wii system menu, and test it. After that is successful run the system update to get your Wii up to date. Then from inside of PBR you can configure the Wifi and test it out, it will use the settings configured from the main wii systems console. You can do random battles after that from the Wifi lobby. Or if your kid has friends that also have the game they can trade friend codes to play each other.

I haven't set it up in a while, so it's not an exact description but will hopefully provide enough of the basics to get the wifi running. If your kid does know someone with a DS that has Diamond/Pearl they can upload their pokemon to your kid's Wii, and they could use those for better choices, or to see a rare in 3d. You don't need that same DS every time you play, once they're uploaded they're uploaded for keeps. Unless you over-write them with another upload, or delete them.

No, this game is not worht its price. You can't catch any Pokemon. The only reason i have it is because i won the Gamestop Tournament a few months back.

Back