pokemon battle revolution -- yay or nay?

chucknorris013

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Wii Online Code
6830-7751-9116-6691
so i was thinking, "while im waiting for metroid prime 3 to come out, why not get pbr?" ive heard many different opinions on this game, ranging from 'this game sucks dont get it' to 'damn straight this is the best game ever'.

the question is, should i get it or no?

PBR is a terrible game, one of the worst, if you do not have a ds and pokemon D/P.

It must not be that good as here in the UK the big retailers are saying it's not getting rushed onto the shelves.

ok but hows the wifi, i do got pearl and a ds

THe problem with it is, I can describe in a few words. It's not a game.

PBR is a place to channel your wifi pokemon battles with better graphics. It has cut out tons of things that made Pokemon Stadium worth buying back in the 90's. It is not worth nearly $60 and you'd be a fool to buy it.

Get it? No?

Let me be specific

1: You cant play Diamond or Pearl on your TV

You could always play red, blue, or green with Pokemon Stadium by hooking up your gameboy. Well even with the ease of Wifi and using DS as a controller this feature has been cut

2: Online is lacking leaderboards and many other things that make online interesting. It's total crap

3: this one bothers me more than anything. There are no minigames.
In every stadium there were minigames. Yet here comes the Wii, which has become known for having minigames. And they cut it now. That is just stupid.

Do not buy this. You can do the same thing you do in PBR for free if you own Diamond of Pearl. PBR only signifies the start of wifi on Wii and how not to do it.

Back