pokemon mmo wii sugestion?

coleydoom

WiiChat Member
Nov 11, 2006
if they have anysort of lan connection to other wiis....

I think if they made pokemon a MMORPG (Massively-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) that it would possibly be one of the greatest games created. Imagine living the pokemon world from your computer being able to battle trainers, fight for badges, and compete in tournaments all with in the confines of your desktop. Starting off in Pallet Town Kanto, New Bark Johto or Little Root Town in Hoenn with a great custom character generator making them look how ever you want them to. You would get a choice from the 3 starting pokemon in each of the towns and maybe a few extra if you wanted to. You would run into pokemon randomly in the grass (or make some new system where yo usee a pokemon and run up to it etc.) but the battles would be similar as to the battles in pokemon stadium but possibly make it so you can fight in first person as the pokemon allowing you to dodge certain attacks and allowing critical hits appose to it being all luck. You could input computer trainers that you could ask to battle when ever and put them on a certain cool down after you fight them so players can't just sit at them all day gaining money and experience. You could also allow real trainers to fight at any point (given the option to accept or decline and bidding on a standard or weighed amount of money). Game Masters could run the gyms or computer players could as well, but do not make them a walk threw the park battle. Host tournaments that give prizes like pokemon, trips to different areas, items, money what ever you guys are creative. As for legendary pokemon make them near to impossible to find. Like mewtwo for example, say a trainer would have to beat the elite four and then some how find the unknown dungeon or a dungeon and then make mewtwo basically impossible to find with different tasks that have to be preformed and if some one gets to him and end up capturing him make his respawn time over a long period of time like 3-5 weeks or something. But to get to the elite four you would have to collect all 8 badges and participate in a tournament of multiple players, each person getting 3 pokemon just like in the TV show. The winner goes on to fight to pokemon league. You could have multiple tournaments like this (orange league and all 3 of the pokemon leagues in each kanto, johto and hoenn just examples) or have players be able to host tournaments as well. Maybe guilds could be formed and there could be team pokemon battles like 2v2 or even 3v3 and they could have guild housing and what not like a club house. Each person could also get there own club house like in ruby and sapphire and get to use a pokenav for a phone and what not to contact other players possibly even using a mic or just typing to one another like threw wispers. And not all people would have to be pokemon trainers you could allow breeding, cameras to take pictures (pokemon snap) like getting certain quests to go certain places and find certain pokemon. The infamous Team Rocket, Team Magma and Team Aqua could all some how show up and players would have to some how work towards helping solve a problem or something all ideas. I could go on and on but this read is long enough already. I was just curious to what other people think about it as well :]

thanks
- ColeyDoom

It won't happen. Even if it did it would only be a quarter as successful as if it was done on PC. And even if Gamefreak allowed it to be made, they have nothing to do with Computers.

Last edited:
A pokemon MMORPG would be cool. It may not be as you've described it, but I think it would sell well and be fun.

I'm not so sure the same concept would be 4 times more successful on a PC... Pokemon is targeted at younger gamers - younger gamers are usually more familar with consoles...

Back