Pokemon of the Week: Johto!

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
Yup, just like the PotW Kanto thread, we must have one for Johto! :D As the thread title says, this is all about declaring a pokemon of the week! I'll be using a random number generator every week to determine what pokemon to use. This thread is specifically for Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh will all have their own threads!

This threads all about discussing the Johto pokemon of the week in whatever way you feel, whether you hate it, love it, think it's weird, you're indifferent to it, or just have some crazy things to say about it. Throw in some links while you're at it, etc. etc. This discussion is completely loose and there's no boundaries, as long as it has to do with the pokemon of the week! :thumbsup:

Now get posting! :p

Last edited:
As the sig says, today's Johto Pokemon of the Week is...! Bellossom!

http://media.photobucket.com/image/bellossom/Pichu07/Bellossom.png?o=5

Bellossom, dex number 182
Type: Grass
Ability: Chlorophyll
Height: 1' 4"
Weight: 13 lbs
Japanese Name: Kireihana

Bellossom, the Flower Pokemon. Bellossom gather at times and appear to dance. They say that the dance is a ritual to summon the sun. Bellossom are plentiful in the tropics. When it dances, its petals rub together and make a pleasant ringing sound. When Bellossom gets exposed to plenty of sunlight, the leaves ringing its body begin to spin around. This Pokémon's dancing is renowned in the southern lands. When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open.

Ah yes, Bellossom, Gloom's strange evolution. Bellossom is also one of the first pokemon to utilize a Sun Stone to evolve. It's a pretty cool poke, actually being modeled by a hula dancer, rather than an actual animal. I still remember the 2nd movie with all the Bellossom, lulz. It's typing is pretty rare too, considering it's a fully evolved, pure grass type. I usually don't like grass types, but Bellossom is cool.

In the competitive aspect, Bellossom is simply UU, not very strong. It shares a lot with Vileplume too; but it does have some advantages, like not getting the terrible poison dual-typing, as well as moves like Leaf Storm. For UU it's not bad, but it's not good either. Atleast it's good for creating sunlight, and then abusing it with Solarbeam.

Alright everyone, what's your opinions on Bellossom?

My sister once had one of these. Its weird how the ugly and smelly, Poison-type Gloom could evolve into this beautiful pure Grass-type.

These are some interesting threads, CK.

Thanks Nick, that's why I made the threads. :)

Speaking of putrid smelling Glooms, take a look at this info on Bellossom.

"A Bellossom grows flowers more beautifully if it has evolved from a smelly Gloom - the stinkier the better." Irony, lol. I'm confused as to where the poison typing goes, exactly... Not many pokemon evolve and loose their dual typing.

I remember when I snagged a Bellossom for the first time. I quickly transferred it to my Leaf Green to show it off. Pokemon was so awesome back then.

Thanks Nick, that's why I made the threads. :)

Speaking of putrid smelling Glooms, take a look at this info on Bellossom.

"A Bellossom grows flowers more beautifully if it has evolved from a smelly Gloom - the stinkier the better." Irony, lol. I'm confused as to where the poison typing goes, exactly... Not many pokemon evolve and loose their dual typing.
Yeah losing its type...
It has multiple evolutions w/ stones.
Same consept as eevee. But I dont really see The resemblence:
Gloom->Blosom

I dont think they should be related. but oddish->blosom, is a little better...

Pokemon was so awesome back then.

Yes, yes it was... Good times, ya?

I can't remember the first time I got a Bellossom, lol. Probably when I played my Ruby on the first playthrough, though.

Speaking of Leafgreen... Mine was stolen. -.-; Along with a plethora of other pokemon games. I have no idea who's obsessed enough to steal a pokemon game... Dipshits. -.-

Yeah losing its type...
It has multiple evolutions w/ stones.
Same consept as eevee. But I dont really see The resemblence:
Gloom->Blosom

I dont think they should be related. but oddish->blosom, is a little better...

I wouldn't compare it to Eevee too much, although the multi stone evolution is a ressemblance, Eevee's evolve to adapt to their enviorment, the Oddish family simply evolve when stronger (and encounter an evo stone).

I will agree with Oddish evolving to Bellossom being a better evolution, though. Gloom to Bellossom makes little sense...

Ya, pretty much. Bellossom isn't really that strong, compared to how rare it is. The grass starter from every game is pretty much better, so... yeah.

Yeah... were the heck do you get a sunstone in d/p to evolve one anyway?

I only had one in gold...

You can only get Sunstones in the Underground, or by a very rare chance of encountering a Wild Solrock that holds one.

My Ruby was stolen too, lol... Atleast I've got Sapphire and Emerald left. I can't remember when it was stolen...

... But I want my fuxing Raikou and Lugia back! DX

My friend lost Ruby too. The Pokemon games I still have lost are....Leaf Green...wait...thats it. Figures I lose my only Kanto game.

Alright! The next Johto PotW is...!

http://tinyurl.com/cybzt2

GIRAFARIG!

Dex number 203
Type: Normal/Psychic
Ability: Inner Focus/Early Bird
Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 91 lbs
Japanese Name: Kiriniki

Girafarig, the Long Neck Pokemon. Its tail has a small brain of its own. Beware! If you get close it might react to your scent and bite. When it is in danger, its tail uses some sort of mysterious powers to drive away the enemy. Girafarig's rear head contains a tiny brain that is too small for thinking. However, the rear head doesn't need to sleep, so it can keep watch over its surroundings 24 hours a day. A Girafarig is a herbivore - it eats grass and tree shoots. While it is eating, its tail makes chewing and swallowing motions as if it was also eating.

Girafarig... I'm not exactly a fan of it. It's just in general an odd pokemon, being moddeled after a Giraffe. It's tail is... just odd, although it's an interesting aspect of Girafarig at the same time. I don't like it that much.

In a competitive aspect, Girafarig is simply NU, but due to it's lackluster stats, it generally keeps to Baton Passing only. All in all, it's not a very good pokemon at all.

Now then, what's your opinion of Girafarig?

Back