Pokemon of the Week: Johto!

Girafarig ... sucks. It looks like it should be Psychic/Dark (with its chain chomp-like tail being all black) but it's stupid Normal type instead of Dark. Psychic just removes Normal's Fighting weakness, while adding on weaknesses to Dark and Bug, though Normal makes it immune to Ghost... It still seems pretty worthless (in battle, maybe it has other uses like breeding moves).

Girafarig's normal typing was only good in the 3rd gen, when Shadow Ball was being flung around everywhere (by pokemon like Medicham). Now that Dark moves are prevelant with Crunch being physical STAB, Girafarig's normal typing is a burden. As you said, it's losing out on it's fighting resist, and it doesn't gain any useful resists besides Ghost, which isn't very useful. Most ghost pokes will anhilate it either way. :p

In battle, it really is useless, lol.

I dont really like it a lot. The only cool thing about it is its unique duo Normal-typing, and the head on its tail.

All the PotW are always so obscure... ;_;

Obscure? ... What are you implying, that my random number generator is full of fail?! DX

Happy easter everyone! :D Today's Johto, easter-esque PotW is... !

http://tinyurl.com/cbv294

TOGEPI!

Togepi, the Spike Ball Pokemon. It is considered to be a symbol of good luck. Its shell is said to be filled with happiness. A proverb claims that happiness will come to anyone who can make a sleeping Togepi stand up. As its energy, Togepi uses the positive emotions of compassion and pleasure exuded by people and Pokémon. This Pokémon stores up feelings of happiness inside its shell, then shares them with others. Its shell is said to be stuffed with happiness that it shares with kindhearted people.

Happy easter! The easter-themed PotW is ofcourse, Togepi, thanks to Neosquid for the idea! I'm pretty indifferent to Togepi, no matter how "cute" you might think it is. I'm honestly not one for baby pokemon; except Pichu. ;D

On a competitive basis, for even baby pokemon, Togepi is very lackluster. It's not strong, and it's movepool doesn't make up for that. It's evolution, Togetic, is just as useless. However, DPP blessed this nobody evolution line with Togekiss; a bulky yet strong attacker. With an amazing ability, great stat distribution, and a wonderful movepool, Togekiss is a force to be reckoned with. Thunderwave, Air Slash, and it's ability Serene Grace is known to be a defined n00b killer. In short, Togekiss is awesome. Now then, what's YOUR opinion on the toge' evolution line?

Happy Easter!

I like Togepi. Its quite a unique, yet in a way ordanary Pokemon. Me and my friends arnt huge fans of Togekiss, through. Togetic is cooler.
Togepi is awesome in Smash Bros, through. Metronome is so unpredictable.

Togepi isn't all that good in Brawl, IMO. Nightshade is really annoying, and it's other attacks aren't all that strong. The random factor is amusing though; as long as Nightshade doesn't happen.

Nightshade was much more annoying in Melee, though. You couldn't even see your character P1/P2/CPU/etc. ensignias, and the CPU automatically saw through it... cheap, lol.

Its Smokescreen. Well, at least I think it is, since Night Shade was a damaging attack. Heres Togepis moveset:
Blizzard
Smokescreen
Leech Seed
Magnitude
Hypnosis

Trust me, it's Night Shade. It said so on the Dojo.

That, and not everything in Brawl makes sense, lol.

Back