Pokemon of the Week: Sinnoh!

Rrgh, I hate math. Just simply hate. The brilliant fact that there is always a correct answer, which can easily be fixed if it IS wrong, is wonderful. Numbers? ... Not so much.

Not to mention that something as small as Bonsly concentrates that kinetic energy into a small amount of space, meaning you're getting smashed with a pinpointed 380 lbs of force. Enjoy your broken skull. ;D

I agree. Not sure what makes the balls so heavy (lmao)

I lol'd. [/immature]

Oh yeah, the smaller the mass, the more it hurts. I remember seeing that on TV once...

Ok..... Condescending? Thats only bcuz your a young person and you havent experienced much yet. Trust me, youll be searching for some kindof answer later on down the road.

Anyway, off topic, Bonsly is a beast. Imagine him going at 20 mph, that would be 760 pounds of Force.

Launch Bonsly out of a cannon, and... well, that'l probably smash through steel plates, lol.

Yea, but they wouldnt understand a Bonsly, until it flattened them all.

I can imagine it now. All the Pokemon fans would be cheering while the others ran in terror.

Alright, the Sinnoh PotW is... !

http://tinyurl.com/d4cmyl

GASTRODON!

Dex number 423
Type: Water/Ground
Ability: Sticky Hold/Storm Drain
Height: 2' 11"
Weight: 65.9 lbs
Japanese Name: Toritoidon

Gastrodon, the Sea Slug Pokemon. It has a pliable body without any bones. If any part of its body is torn off, it grows right back. It apparently had a huge shell for protection in ancient times. It lives in shallow tidal pools.

Gastrodon has a unique Ground/Water type combination, although it does share it with Quagsire and Swampert. At the same time, it's not exactly rare; it does however, sport the unique color changing schemes from red to blue, depending on where it is caught in Sinnoh. This doesn't make it a more viable pokemon, but it does make it unique. Which Gastrodon is YOUR favorite? Mine's blue. :p

That aside, I don't like Gastrodon. I'm not exactly a fan of Sea Slugs. :p Water and Ground types aren't my thing anyways. Gastrodon seems pretty weird, to me... I don't really like it.

In a competitive aspect, Gastrodon is currently NU. It was recently UU, but things change. For an NU, Gastrodon is very good. It has decent defenses and that great type coverage, as well as even a reliable recovery move (recover). This makes it a great wall/tank pokemon, or atleast in the lower tiers.

Swampert outclasses Gastrodon in every way, but Gastrodon is still a great pokemon in it's respective tiers. All in all, it's a wonderful pokemon for NU, and a great pokemon for UU.

Now then, what's your opinion on Gastrodon?

Finally something I like, lol. Gastrodon is kinda cool. The blue one is the cooler of them. Unfortunately, it is intolerably slow, but has nice HP and ... semi-decent Sp. Atk. Clearly meant to be a tank/wall. Maybe put it in a Trick Room team? Quad weakness to Grass kinda sucks though. As a slight sidenote, what is the point of Muddy Water even existing? It's the same type and power as Surf, but less accurate and may lower the opponent's accuracy. Seems stupid. Mud Bomb is .. an okay move. I really wish it could learn Earth Power though..... Holy crap it can via Platinum tutor. That's awesome. *runs to Survival Area*

Gastrodon's only got one weakness, which is your mentioned Grass type, making it a wonderful wall/tank. Why? Because it's harder to take out if you don't have it's only weakness, Grass moves. Sort of like Blissey being only weak to Fighting (and there's nothing with Aura Sphere that can 2HKO Blissey if it adds a few SpD EVs, and max HP). Mud Bomb is a terrible move, Real-O. >.>

Gastrodon is much better off with Earth Power than EQ, since it doesn't have to split EVs (they generally have Ice Beam and Surf, along with EQ; Earth Power Tutor really helps it IMO).

Muddy Water doesn't really need to exist... I'll agree, it's a pointless move. Surf is just plain better, the accuracy drop chance isn't worth it's own accuracy being bad. Muddy Water was brought into existance for Swampert, methinks. ... Speaking of that, Swampert outclasses Gastrodon completely, as I mentioned before.

Also, it's stats aren't good enough to be on a TR team. TR teams are pure sweeping, Gastro isn't strong enough in the offensive department. It's best as a utility tank on standard teams.

I remember reading a warstory battle... Yeah, Stockpile Gastrodon completely threw off the opponent and they were screwed so bad. They couldn't kill it off, and it just kept Recovering off damage.

As to the Muddy Water part, the game would be boring if the only moves in existence was:

Surf
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
ThunderBolt
etc. etc. etc.

I used to be the same such as, why is their Ember and such? Well the whole point of these useless moves is just to add variety. Also, their are some people who will throw in random stipulations/rules when they battle. So why not give them fun and variety eh?

Well, Ember and friends is very necesarry for in-game purposes, right? As you said, variety is important; in-game and out. Surf compared to Muddy Water is just in different context IMO, since Muddy Water is completely not needed. It's not a bad addition to the game, but there could be better attacks, in both originality and usefulness.

Just touching on the competitive aspect, compare Discharge to T-bolt. It's a much more sensible comparison than Surf to Muddy Water. Discharge has a higher paralsis rate, making it have merit over T-bolt in some situation. Muddy Water is just... always inferior, lol. I do see what you're getting at Wuddle, but I just thought I'd say this much.

I forget, is Muddy Water a Ground or Water-type move?

I love anything gross like a slug. Gastrodon is awesome. The Pink one is my favorite.

Back