Pokemon Pearl

justinvwii

WiiChat Member
Jan 19, 2011
U.S.A.
Wii Online Code
8947-8411-0898-6411
I bought Pearl in 08 and played it for awhile. I just started playing again and it took me awhile to remember what I had to do. I'm hooked on it...again!

Just over a month later, I have beaten the game. The final battle was intense. Garchomp was the last Pokemon for Cynthia and I lost Palkia so I thought I was done without being able to use Dragon-Type moves. I had two Pokemon left: Luxray and Lucario. Luxray was taken out quickly and Lucario was my last chance. Then I remembered: I taught Lucario Dragon Pulse! Garchomp used a move and it wasn't effective so after two attacks of Dragon Pulse, I won! Great battle, great game. Next up: Pokemon White! :)

Mod Edit: No double posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
My fight with Cynthia also came down to my Lucario but it was against her Roserade it was intense. I won with only 19 hp left.

also in the near future you might want to go to a Gamestop to get an event celibi so that when you do get White you can get a zorua wich is the only way to get one.

Last edited:
I already know about the exclusive Pokemon stuff. Funny how your battle came down to Lucario, too.

I don't know much about the Pokemon. I want to be surprised. I usually always go for the Fire-type starter Pokemon and this year, that's Tepig, but I'm actually going with Snivey the Grass-type. If the bird in my sig is available early on, I'm catching it.

My first flying type is usually the one you find early in the game, but this time i'm going to try out Braviary, hope i find its pre-evolution not too late in the game because it evolves at lv 54.

quite a few strong bug pokemon were released in this generation and some cool ghost types.

This game is going to be great. Awesome it comes out just three days before my b-day.

it's going to be really hard for me to choose what i'm going to use in white, but recently a thought occured to me....who says I cant raise more than 6 pokemon (of course not at once) if i think about it like that, wouldn't it make the game longer and more enjoyable?

Yeah, it would. I'm gonna catch every Pokemon I see because they're all new.

Lately i've been checking bulbapedia on what i might use along with all of the new moves (by the way TMs can be used over and over but they don't restore pp) but anyway I'm really liking the looks of Galvantula, essentially an electric tarantulla (how awsome is that!) but apparently it learns this move called electro ball, which gets stronger if your faster than your opponent, it also learns elecnet which damages and lowers an opponents speed now i think that's pretty cool.

(sorry if I really start ranting about this, I just enjoy talking about this kind of thing)

No, you're fine. I always wanted a friend to talk about Pokemon with. I love Bulbapedia.

When i'm looking at the new ghost/fire type Shandera, all I can think of is how awsome it is. Normally in my teams I'd have a ghost and a fire type, but this just frees more space, though I also like the ghost ground Goruugu, Shandera has a strong special attack while goruugu has strong physical attack (and can learn fly for some reason) but it also can't learn the variety of moves that Shandera can, though that wouldn't be a problem if Goruugu had a better special attack. I all ready know what I would teach shandera when i get one: Energy ball, flamethrower, Psychic, and calm mind. Not sure what to teach Goruugu though.

I started playing Pearl again, mostly because I found out about getting Magmortar and Electivire through Battle Revolution. I also got the Pikachu that knows Surf and I've been leveling him up and the rest of the team to make them even stronger for PBR. Anyways, I decided to catch the rest of the legendaries and the other day, I caught Azelf and last night, I finally caught Mesprit. I also got the National Dex!

Back