Pokemon Platinum

I'm off to grab myself a copy. Back in an hour.
EDIT: I'm back with my copy and the book. wooo!

Last edited:
I got it this morning so far the game is good.
Only a few minor changes.

Been playing Platinum all afternoon, and as Pit-Alex said, there's not too many changes. Mostly minor story changes and cosmetics, but that's only for the story. I'm mainly interested in the Vs. Recorder and the Battle Frontier. :p

EDIT: By the way... even though Looker's a freak, his theme kicks ass. :p

Last edited:
CK, add your Plat. code into your sig then add mine to your pal pad.

DP, sue me.
Adventure update!
I'm not far in. My clock says 9.5 hrs but most of that was me not playing.
I just beat Gardenia but it was tough. My advice, if you didnt start with Chimchar, GET A BRONZOR!
Team:
Onix lv.17
Prinplup lv.23
Luxio lv.19
Bronzor lv.18 (sleep+confusion=win)
Bidoof (HM slave)

Thinking I need a bird. Want a bird. Want Murkrow although I know Staraptor will be better in the long run. I dunno, maybe I'll get rid of Onix.
How are you guys doing?

Adventure Update.
I may have got my game early, but At the end of Sunday, I was only two hours in.
One Badge

Team
Grotle Lvl 18

So Far nothing has stuck the distance with me and my grotle..Im thinking a shinx or maybe an abra will go the distance with me...
Also mahchop will be a fine choice for meh crew....

Sofar the plot and the dialog changes have been, for alack of a better word, histerical...(totaly worth the $13 I payed (two trade ins: My copy of diamond (yea, I lost a few GREAT dudes) and my copy of mario party ds (I was done with it) ) )....

Rivel said:
You know!
P-O-K-accent-E-B-A-L-L-S

I think I died laughing right then.

Looker....well, your right foxy, bad ass theme (almost as good as ol' mirror b's theme)
strikes me more as the incompetent cop rather than just a freak

Waiting for further story development before verdict is dropped.

CK said it not me. I never heard it. There was metal instead. Very loud metal.
*rocks out*

I need to make a new sig banner, I think I'll do that once I make dinner for tonight

Rrr, been trying to catch a decent Rotom since I turned this thing on today...>.<

EDIT: OK, 5 hours is waaaay too long, I'm getting my timid syncher. **** this.

Last edited:
I REALLY ****ING HATE THIS GOD DAMN (SC)ROTOM!
I spend 5 hours trying to get a decent natured one, then I go get my syncher, 2 dusk balls and a dive ball.
First I whittle his HP down, then when I switch to Bronzor to sleep him he Uproars over, and over, AND OVER AGAIN! WTF!?
When I finnaly say **** it and try and catch him I waste every pokeball I have then my last ball, the dive ball, works. A DIVE BALL ON AN ELECTRIC GHOST!? Then, just to laugh at me, it sends him to my pc so I have to travell just to see if my syncher works.
Oooh, I ****ing hate this thing. I've wasted so much time at this point.
EDIT: AND THEN IT'S THE WRONG ****ING NATURE!

Last edited:
This isn't the trade thread, use the correct thread please.

I feel very sorry for you, Fox... I caught my Giratina with a good nature (Bold) on the second try. Then again, all I did was lob my master ball the second time (it struggled itself to death the first time -.-). :p To hell with catching a poke correctly, if you're going to spend a huge amount of time getting a good nature, clone masterballs and do things that way, yeah?

By the way, 8 badges in the making. ;D

You're that far already? Nice.
Yeah, I FINALLY got a Timid one. Just did the wayward cave thing. I need to do some serious progressing to make up for lost time. I was home from work, sick, so I thought I would at least be at badge 5 by now but Scrotom had to be a bastard.
*sigh*
Off to Hearthome, the place I always get stuck for some reason. I'm here in my Diamond too.

Well, I finally decided to check out the wi-fi plaza, thing. And with a large amount of people (compared to me being the ONLY ONE last time), I believe it performed the way it should of.

First, I'll evaluate the "tap toys". They're just little gadgets you can touch on the bottom screen and something happens. For example, there's the drums which simply makes sound effects and some musical notes appear, or the confetti which is... confetti. Seems like a toy for a kid, but then again, this is Pokemon.

Then there's the surveys you can take. It seems like noone takes the weekly survey for whatever question, I didn't see any results. Then again, it's only been about an entire day for anyone even going in the plaza. This week's survey is "What do you do with your TMs?" This'l make apparent how many n00bs exist on the wi-fi plaza. :p

Then there's the trivial pokemon footprint minigame. All the pokemon in your party's footprints will be place on a board, you drag and drop them onto the other board, and watch the footprints do some kind of animation. Boring, to say the least. Then again, it's the second must redundant option in the plaza.

Next, was the Globe; you should all know what it does. Everyone in the same Plaza room as you is listed somewhere on the Globe, if they've registered at GTS. Simple, and somewhat useless.

Finally, you have the minigames. The easiest one is an either "everyone wins/everyone loses" type of game, and without 4 players, you're bound to lose. The Wobbuffet pop. Basically, you pull the top of a Wobbuffet pump to the bottom repeatedly to pump air into a ballon, which all players do at once. You need to pop 8 ballons for everyone to win.

I havn't figured out why yet, but occasionally the Wobbuffet slows down on refilling with air, drastically slowing your progress. There's also another hazards, the Wynaut's which circle around the top screen. If your pump of air hits a skinny Wynaut, you won't pump as much air during each pump, which can be disastrous and cause a loss. Then there's the fat Wynaut, which increases your pump's size, giving you super-sized pumps of air, bursting ballons effectively fast.

And ofcourse, there's the normal Wynaut that turns your pump back to normal, whether your's is big or small. Basically, the minigame's a team effort. If you all win, you get a small bonus - your tap toy levels up. Basically, it just does more and becomes flashier. For example, you'll throw out more confetti for the confetti toy, or you'll drum out more beats for the drum. All players get the level up if they win, making it the best game for getting a high level toy. And on a last note, the key to getting a good pump is to pump from the top center, straight down - otherwise the Wobbuffet will slow down in pumping and restoring the air inside.

The next game, is the Mime Jr. Top. Only one person wins, so it's actually a competitive game. Basically, you need to roll the ball Mime Jr. is balancing on to keep him going in the right direction, and from falling off. So if he's going backwards, roll bottom to top, vice versa and etc. The longer you keep him from falling off, the more points you'll get. From what I know, it works in this way; after you keep him on for a small amount of time, your points start climbing. After another period of time, the points you get increase further, but at the same or faster rate. This goes on a few times until this so called point system can't give you any more any faster. Highest score at the end wins, simple. Also... if you don't move straight, you might move the ball in the wrong way, which you can risk Mime Jr. falling off of. Diligent touch screen work is necesarry. It's the hardest of the plaza games, but it's still easy. You just need to play once or twice to see how to roll the ball effectively.

The final game, is the Swalot Pop. Pretty familiar game for the touch screen. A Swalot rotates around on a table while remaining stationary, touch berries on the bottom screen, and flick them into the mouth. It's tricky the first game, but easy to learn how hard or easy you need to throw the berries. Also, since the Swalot rotates around, if it's not facing you, you'll have to flick harder to get over the back of it's head and a blind shot into it's mouth. When it's side is facing you, you'll also have to aim properly or miss. Also, after you get a few consecutive berries in the Swalot, you'll get a sort of score multiplier. Normally, each berry is worth 100. After the multiplier, I believe 200, then 300, etc. I wasn't really paying attention, though... Either way, easy stuff really, but like the Mime Jr. Top game highest score wins. So only one person gets the tap toy upgrade.

There's a few features left, mainly, the tap toy sharing feature. If someone isn't talking to another or playing a minigame, you can talk to them and get their tap toy for free, as long as you give up your previous one. So if you can't manage to win the minigames, just find someone who's got a level 3 of what you want, and get one for free.

You can also "chat" with some fixed questions and answers, which is rather boring and pointless. Since you can't get eachother's FCs, it's indeed, pointless.

Finally, the visual upgrades. While you're in the plaza and time goes by, the visuals will slowly upgrade. Lights will start flashing, spotlights of multiple colors fly around, mini fireworks and diming lights, even a float parade, depending on the room's theme. Nothing compared to the main storyline's spear pillar cutscenes, but still mildly amusing. The last minor detail is you can actually jump on the floats and leave the room... a flashy exit, so to speak.

All in all, the wi-fi plaza's not a bad place to just goof off. I'm thoroughly disappointed there isn't a battle feature, but... eh. If you're one for minigames, it's not a bad idea to take a break from the hectic competitive battling business and go here. It's fun, just not extravagant.

Also, I'm annoyed by the fact you can't show trainer cards... I wouldn't be able to show off my 8 badges to all the newbies. =/ Oh well.

Back