Pokemon Spriting

toadsage said:
hey how do u get colors to change and stay in the lines do u zoom in then use paint brush
we zoom in and use pencil. Here is my manaphy chao, it's my first chao! I just cropped the parts off manaphy:

manaphychao.jpg

chao bulbasour
i made this chao thats why it looks wierd

i1090494_chaobulbasour.JPG

Last edited:
yeah we like the pikachu chao

and i resized my bulbasour chao it looks better now

i1090494_chaobulbasour.JPG

and those 2 dark green dots are bulbasours spots

Last edited:
I made an Oddishchao:

..and a city:

(bw!, I just copied your city)

Last edited:
PokeChamp said:
uhhh, does anybody like my chao?
Not really, everyone why are you drawing your own feet and stuff! Just bring another pokemon, the chao you want to make, bring it very near to your base chao, zoom 8x on them, then change the color, and crop the body parts off. Here is a chao guide:

chaotutci5.gif

PokeChamp you made it bad cuz you made your own body parts, here let me make my own pikachu.

For a cropping guide

Cropping is an essential part to being a spriter. If you want to crop cleanly, I'll show you how. I am going to crop the middle head of off a Dudrio.

pkrs093ge8.gif

I'm going to assume you are using MSPaint. [if your not, the instructions can still apply to other programs by simple changing the tools] First, we need to zoom in. Select the
magnifyti0.png
and then choose the 8x option. You should now see this:

no picture

I am going to zoom out to 2x to save space. You can still follow if your zoomed in at 8x. Now that you are zoomed, you need to select the region around what you want to crop. Now, this should be on the screen:

dudrioselectlf6.png

Now, move that area to a space out of the way. Make a white outline around what you want to crop using the
penciljk9.png
. Like this:

dudriooutlineya9.png

Then, all you have to do is erase everything from the region you selected that is outside of the line! To do this, use the
eraserdh2.png
. And there you have it, your cropped image!

dudriocroppedhj4.png

i did it because on charmander and bulbasour

charmander. because charmanders tail is a little to big

bulbasour. i did on the bulb but i cut haf of it off

and slimi do you like my bulbasour better now (it was resized)

PokeChamp said:
wtf is that?
its eyes got screwed up.. and is that a wig?
lol it looks horrible too, but I like it better, bw! it looks kind of better. I'm not done pikachu yet, let me start now lol...

Back