Pokemon X/Y

It's similar to CoD in that they release games with the same basic formula in order to gain profit, but Pokemon has unique spin offs as well, and in my opinion is just a superior series.

Well yeah it's superior. What I wanna establish is that Pokemon is the CoD of RPG's. Either that or the Tales series if one doesn't consider Pokemon a proper RPG.

CoD is synonymous with "overrated", "terrible fanbase" and "**** developer". Comparin' anythin' to CoD is an insult, hence why Pokemon doesn't deserve the insulting comparison as such: Pokemon ain't utter ****.

Black and White did it right
Good team, great leaders

fix'd

Oh dear.... um, sure. Of course it isn't.

Not like they have a similar target audience. Or emphasis of multiplayer over story. Or quantity over quality. Or being shunned by fans of their respective genre.

dat lulzy resemblance

'Course, unlike Treyarch, Game Freak actually cares 'bout more than the money.

The difference is that Pokemon is good.

That too.

No such thing as overrated in the world of gaming. Moreover, there is a reason CoD sells so well so it must be doing something right. I can't see it though. Same with Pokemon.

No such thing as overrated in the world of gaming. Moreover, there is a reason CoD sells so well so it must be doing something right. I can't see it though. Same with Pokemon.
CoD is a passing fad
There is no way it can keep its fanbase

CoD does not have a monopoly on war FPS's

Madden is the only good football videogame series in existence

Someone hasn't played NCAA. And CoD's foothold is rather solid on arcade style FPS action(it's not a war FPS).

CoD has guns. Combine that simplicity with how good 4 was, ya get a large fanbase. Popularity causes even more people to jump on the bandwagon, which results in CoD's horrific non-target audience fanbase that ya have today. What it's doin' right ain't worthy of praise, hence why most people don't see it.

Pokemon's popularity lies in a lot of things. In the beginning, I s'pose it really is comparable t' CoD4: the first generation are fantastic GB games, period. The same could be said for Gen 2, not that it was revolutionary as Gen 1 was since they're the same game in essence.

Combine the greatness of Retromons with brilliant marketing; ohai anime and manga; and Pokemon became a youngin' phenomenon on a scale overbearing CoD's popularity by a huge margin. Despite the fact that for two generations (3 and 4) Game Freak didn't do much t' keep old blood in the game (IMO), there's always new players to bring into the market. Popularity begets popularity. Even in the dark times of Gen 3, Pokemon's fanbase has been growin' and growin'. Just like how CoD continues to get more undeserved fame by the media even when you've got **** like MW2 staining that goodness CoD once had.

Also, just for the record, unlike CoD Pokemon had some legitimately great games developed long past it's prime years. Mystery Dungeon and BW1 are good examples.

I don't see much of a difference between the recent Pokemon games, its fanbase, or its developers(3D might be something, but we'll see). Some people see greatness in those games such as yourself while others see CoD with those exact feelings. I see neither.

I don't see much of a difference between the recent Pokemon games, its fanbase, or its developers(3D might be something, but we'll see). Some people see greatness in those games such as yourself while others see CoD with those exact feelings. I see neither.

Pokemon and it's fanbase certainly haven't changed all-that much more than what time alone impacts. Game Freak however, definitely has changed by leaps 'n bounds since the days of RBY. 'Sides new blood I don't know how, but they certainly have. T'is a shame this hasn't impacted Pogeymanz 'till recently.

The difference between what little greatness I see in the series and what others will see, is that I ain't just a raving fanboy. Obviously my opinions are just that, but I'd like t' assume my thoughts have more validity than someone with a username like Pokefan69 (... no offense t' ya, Pokefan :lol: ).

CoD has guns.
This is exactly why it gets so popular. Can't say anything else.

Comparin' anythin' to CoD is an insult, hence why Pokemon doesn't deserve the insulting comparison as such: Pokemon ain't utter ****.
Yay.

People have different tastes in gaming.
Like me, who doesn't care for killing any non-existent creatures in SSBB, but don't see the point in killing the better-looking non-existent creatures in CoD.

Back