Poker Anyone?

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
Anybody here play Poker? I love playing it w/ my friends (no money, just chips).

I only know the rules to Texas Hold 'em and rarely play it, but I do love playing it :] I could imagine me being one of those people being hooked on the real life money ones on the internet :] roffles.

Ha my family played Texas Hold Em' at our christmas party. I think it was $10 or something around that to play. I was kicking all there asses and my uncle wanted to play so I sold my chips for $30. :) That was a good day. :)

I play texas hold'em, I do not like to play without money because you can't really play, I mean, when you don't have nothing to lose, you don't try to hold your chips, and you just call to see what happens, when you play with money, if you lose the chips you lose money, so if you don't have anything good, you probably won't play that hand.

Jays friend loves poker, we ended up playing it the other day using chocolate minstrels as poker chips in the bar in the cinema while we were waiting to go see 300 lol.

haha, I'm a poker fiend.

In the last few years poker has gotten really big. It's become a fad, actually. And that pisses me off that all these kids see poker on ESPN and they think they are poker pros. I've been playing poker since I knew how to count, because cards were actually how i learned to count. My grandmother would get a deck of cards and she would use them to teach me counting, basic addition and subtraction. After that, she taught me how to play poker. I knew all the poker hands before I was even in kindergarten. So needless to say I've been playing cards of all kinds for a long time.

Me and my buddies get together whenever we can to play. We play Hold'em, Omaha, Stud, whatever we feel like. I usualy play cash games. We usually played tourney style, but once college came we realized that we couldn't get everyone together long enough to play a whole tourney. So we just started playing cash games. Usualy a 40 dollar cap, re-buys are alwasy accepted, and in fact encouraged. We like to support each others gambling addictions:thumbsup:

Holy Cow tank, you must be pro!

Bubba-ga-nush, you might wan't to add scenery to your signature, it looks like men are just walking into a stationary tank and getting squashed by it.

AHHH!!!!!!! I play poker!

xDDD

especially on fulltiltpoker.com

hehe Poker, is my best friend.

I play.. Texas Hold'em, Omaha, and, Razz [somtimes Stud]

OHH, yess. only play money [of course].

Real money is when I play with my friends. .25 cents for each poker chips. :]

Last edited:
surfinrach90 said:
Jays friend loves poker, we ended up playing it the other day using chocolate minstrels as poker chips in the bar in the cinema while we were waiting to go see 300 lol.
lol I kepted eating the "poker chips" when nobody was lookin'

:p

Wiily Good said:
Holy Cow tank, you must be pro!

erg, was that sarcasm? I really can't tell.

No, I'm not a pro by any means. Don't get me wrong, I've been playing long enough that I know what's going on most of the time. I can usually call people on their bluffs and whatnot. But a lot of people don't realize how much there actually is to poker. Knowing your odds, playing pot odds, betting strategy, the science of table chatter, all that good stuff. I play with a lot of good players, so I usually end up breaking even. But the best part is playing with a bunch of amatures who only started playing when it came on TV.

I'll usually play the first couple hands fast and reckless, in tourney it's a big advantage to see how others at your table react to your plays. Eventually I can lure most amatures into a false sense of security, making them think I'm also new to the game. Then I put my "game face" on and bust them for everything. Good times.

Back