Pool / Billiards on Wii ??

Dashingw

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2008
Has anybody heard rumors about a full Pool/Billiards game ??

I thought the small partial 9 Ball game on Wii Play was excellent and would like to see a full version dedicated to many types of games such as Snooker, 8-Ball, 9-Ball, Poker Pool and personal customizing.....

Any thoughts ??

The Billiards game included with Wii Play is certainly the highlight of the package - except that my 10 year old daughter can thrash me at it now!

I find it hard to believe they did a Bowling and a Tennis and didn't do a Billiards. Talk about not having your priorities straight !! LOL !!

There doesn't even to be anything descent for a PC that uses a Joystick/Gamepad, they are all keys !!

The Nine Ball on the Wii doesn't go by the proper rules but we play it by the proper rules mostly. The object is to be the first to sink the 9 ball legally. We Ignore the points. If you sink the 9 ball legally during the game then you win and we end the game and restart. If you sink the 9 Ball illegally (didn't hit the object ball first or fouled/sewerd) then it's game over you lose and the game gets reset because you can't bring the 9 Ball back onto the table in the Wii version. This seems to work pretty good and it's fun to play for a little money as well :aureola:

Totally agree with you on the wii play pool. I've been looking around for a full game for a while, there was word of a game '8 ball allstars' that was meant to be out in UK last November according to GAME website, but it never happened.
Found this regarding a snooker title though:

http://shinymedia.headshift.com/wiiwii/2007/06/world_snooker_championship_wii.html

Not sure if your in UK or not but according to GAME website it's out in April (not that I would trust GAME).

my father would buy this in a heart beat....he's quite into pool

Dan.Skater said:
Lol same

Pool Party is a billiards game for the wii...

pool party is [STRIKE]a billiards game for Wii [/STRIKE]an abomination.

edited for to be 50% more helpful.

IGN said:
IGN Ratings for Pool Party (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 3.0 Presentation
Basic. There's IR usage for menus, but the game is buggy, basic, and entirely sub-par as far as depth or options go. Don't bother.
2.0 Graphics
On a good day DS could give it a run for its money, and flash/shockwave games smoke Pool Party's visual style.
2.5 Sound
Totally generic. The music is bland, the sound effects are thrown in, and the voice acting – what's there – has a low-quality tinny sound to it.
2.0 Gameplay
Aside from IR aiming and a quick flick to shoot, it's got nothing. Wii Play's pool mini-game trumps Pool Party's controls, as it actually uses the Wii-mote as a cue.
2.5 Lasting Appeal
There are a few types of games, but no overall progression, and the gameplay is painful.
Terrible OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)
kyle

Last edited:
Dan.Skater said:
Lol same

Pool Party is a billiards game for the wii...

A terrible billiards game, IGN gave it a 2.4 .
It doesn't even use the wiimote as a cue.

I'm enjoying the nine ball game while waiting for shoulder surgery. It forces me to use my non-dominant hand but no problem there since it's all in position and english as in a real game. Three questions though since I just began and have scores of 57 and three 51s.
1. What is the highest score possible, playing their rules?
2. What is the best way to restart a game without having to go all the way through it?
3. Anyone use masse shots and not hit the cue ball off the table?
Thanks - and this is a great game without it being the real thing.

Can anyone help me with the nine ball game, I'm brand new to this.
How do you reset the game quickly to start over?
Thanks

Back