Poor Graphics on Wii!

UkranianTractor

WiiChat Member
Nov 3, 2006
Kinross, Scotland
I've seen all the screenshots and trailers for the wii launch titles and I have to say that I am a little dissapointed by the graphics. I definitely think Nintendo should have made the wii more powerful. The Gamecube came out in 2001. It's nearly 2007 and their "next-gen console" is essentially a Gamecube. I'm just concerned. While I wouldn't expect PS3 quality visuals I think they should be better.

Can you show me a video or screenshot that looks like it couldn't be played on the cube? I even read a review of Monkey Ball where the reviewer said the graphics were a bit duller than previous cube monkey balls. Don't get me wrong, I think the wii is great but I'm just wanting my mind put to rest a little bit.

how do you make a thread???? sory asking a stupid question but i am new

Rich said:
it has much better visuals than the cube.

I don't think so. Maybe Zelda, but the other titles are lacking/ Now with that said, this isn't what Nintendo is going for at launch. The other two Negt-Gen consoles NEED to flew their graphical muscles to sell consoles... the Wii needs to show how fun and innovative it is... They aren't worried about graphics as of yet. Just hold tight and watch as developers get more comfortable develoiping for the Wii. That's when games will start looking as visually impressive as they play.

Hope you're right!

ABC said:
I don't think so. Maybe Zelda, but the other titles are lacking/ Now with that said, this isn't what Nintendo is going for at launch. The other two Negt-Gen consoles NEED to flew their graphical muscles to sell consoles... the Wii needs to show how fun and innovative it is... They aren't worried about graphics as of yet. Just hold tight and watch as developers get more comfortable develoiping for the Wii. That's when games will start looking as visually impressive as they play.

Zelda looks exactly the same on the gamecube version. It was always intended as a cube game. However, I saw a trailer of someone playing zelda . . . .there were some beautiful water effects. I am excited about Zelda. If it could match the gameplay of Link to the Past then I'd be elated.

In a lot of games, it's not Wii's fault its the game developers. I garuntee by 2007 Q2 you will see better graphics. Red Steel has fine graphics.

You're probably right. After all, when the PS2 first came out you could never imagine God of War or Shadow of the Colossus. They were beautiful games.

I always thought that Nintendo Gamecube games had an extra layer of polish not often seen in PS2 and XBOX titles though.For example, all the Resident Evil games on the cube make the PS2 one look terrible. And I remember thinking how cool and "Arcadey" Super Monkey Ball felt.

I've played the Wii. The graphics are better than on the gamecube. Don't take screen shots or medium resolution videos as a way to experience the graphics.

IMO Wii is the only next gen... While the 360 and PS3 are awesome consoles I'm sure what are they but suped up versions of their previous consoles. Nintendo with each of it's consoles has brought something to the table, NES to SNES an amazing leap in graphics and sound and size of games, SNES to N64, led the world into 3D and new control systems, N64 to Gamecube Great leap into graphics and while not as innovative as many hoped it was the stepping stone into introducing the Wii which I don't have to explain what it is bringing. The PS3 controller looks no different than the PS1 to me and while the leap in graphics is huge is it something that special now, with the gameplay still being the same? except for Sony ripping nintendo's motion sensing, which still only offers very little in new experience? and xbox 360 is nothing but xbox with glamouragain not saying they aren't great consoles I just think that the next generation should offer a new way to game...Not just better looking games...

Even computers are at a stand still as far as graphics go until they get directx10 out. At least with a console you arent paying $600 for that kind of graphics processing like you would have to for a PC.

I've never understood why some people play games on PCs. If you buy a new PC today it's out-of-date by the time you get it home. You'd have to be mega-rich to be able to play all the latest PC games the way they're meant to be played.

Not really, for $400 you can get a new duo core processor, motherboard, awesome gpu, 1 gig of ram, etc. That will play any game out and for a while.

I don't know if I agree with that... I'm an avid PC gamer and yeah it has it's costs but they aren't any worse than the 599.99 for a PS3 lol.... and I get more out of my PC. graphics wise oblivion runs better, on a PC and call of duty is much easier to play on PC rather than consoles... and online gaming is just massive...while 360 and PS3 are on their way to catching up, PC still has the lead there as well... I can say I'd rather put 600 bucks into my computer than into a gaming console because you can do so much more... And if you can build your own system, it's not that hard to keep it up-to-date and it's not all that expensive.

Back