Poor Graphics on Wii!

I was under the impression that Excite Truck had some of the better graphics seen in the launch titles???? Did you hear about the GT racing game that comes with a steering wheel - the wiimote clips into the middle of the wheel?

UkranianTractor said:
Yeah I do know what I'm talking about. 2 points:

1) I didn't argue with the fact that the wii controller is cool.

2) I didn't say it was limited in gameplay aspects. But can you see the Wii being able to run Gears of War? No because it doesn't have the graphical power. So it is limited graphically. And graphics can add to the experience. Gears of War combined with the wiimote and nunchuk could be awesome.
oh I'm soooo sorry I thought playing games was about having fun and gameplay, I forgot that graphics were what fake gamers cared about nowadays, it may have less polygons but the difference isn't that huge between them, could it run gears of war, who knows maybe if it was optimized for the Wii, do I care, no, why port when better games can be made from the ground up for the Wii that better use the motion controls as default not just thrown on top lastly, the Wii can do huge enviroments with beautiful graphics so that is not a true limitation unless you don't care about playing the game, in that case get a movie, This makes no sense to speak about graphic limitations before we've even seen completed games so I'll just drop it, whatever you wanna say next I'm not replying as I didn't even like this post to start with.

Last edited:
Push the wii!

look nintendo says they are all about gameplay, and not going crazy on graphics. Well thats first party(even though zelda looks sharp). And then you look at 3rd party( mostly EA and Ubisoft ...so far) 3rd party developers will push the wii farther than nintendo will. Thats what i think. Just look at red steel...and Call of duty 3( Nintendo power said it looks "great"). So i myself think its all about pushing the console to its limits..so will that make wii games come out later than 360 and ps3 games since they have to make the controls for wii...exactly right? I don't know but to make me happy these people gotta start pushing the wii!:yikes: :crazy:

while it has got quite decent graphics, its obvious that they werent going to concentrate on that.

While i love good graphics (360 heaven!), it really isnt essential to me, good games are

rodgers24888 said:
for a game to be good it doesn't need tight graphics...

In fact this means it needs tighter graphics. The system is more restricted, so the artist must use what they more effectively then for a system that lets you be messy with resources.

UkranianTractor said:
I've never understood why some people play games on PCs. If you buy a new PC today it's out-of-date by the time you get it home. You'd have to be mega-rich to be able to play all the latest PC games the way they're meant to be played.

You must really have no idea what you're talking about. You don't throw away the whole system. That's the beauty of PC gaming. You dont' have to throw the whole rig away. They are upgradable. RAM to low? Buy more. Hate your current graphics card? Buy a new better one. As technology progresses, the PC is king. You won't be spending 1,000$ every time you upgrade, instead you'll be spending money over time. A hundred this year, a few more the next, etc. With a console, you'll have to buy a whole new system every time you want the newer one (such as PS3 is 600$ + games and controllers). You don't have to be megarich. You have to do research, find the best deal, manage your money. You don't have to be mega rich. Start off small and upgrade as you go along. If you buy a new PC today, it's not going to be out of date when you get home. It's going to be the graphics card, the ram, the CPU, the Hard drive, etc. You can upgrade them individually and not the whole system.

6 months down the line at most and I'd be throwing the thing out the window due to all the slowdown and having to play it in lower resolutions. Not to mention the crashes that occur. sorry, I've just had really bad experiences with PCs. I've learned that the only reason for me having a PC is for Word Processing and the Internet and all you need is a bottom of the line model at £300 if that's all you're using it for. Specifications on PCs are misleading because a lot of processing power and memory is used by the operating system whereas a games consoles entire being is devoted to playing the game that's in the system.

Again, do more research. The initial cost of a PC will depend. If you want to start small and get big, the cost won't be too great and you can play many current games. You can get a decent computer for 400$ from Best Buy and it can play all current gen games decently. Not the best but you can upgrade them. For 100-200$ more (depending on what graphics card you buy) you can upgrade that 400$ system to play all current gen games maxed out. Your bad experiences are your fault. You didn't do enough research or get enough help. You don't ever blindly buy a computer and expect it to play the most demanding games out there.

Of course, if you start out with a big bad mean system, it'll cost a lot. But that means upgrading will be slower and you'll be walking steps instead of leaps and bounds on a cheaper system.

Specifications on PCs are misleading because a lot of processing power and memory is used by the operating system whereas a games consoles entire being is devoted to playing the game that's in the system.

No, you probably didn't read the minimum requirements and recommended. If you have the minimum requirements, you'll get the minimum graphics. Simple as that. If have what they recommended or beyond, then you'll get the best graphical experience from the game. A console is a computer all packaged for you in one little box. No need to upgrade because all games made for the console will work for that exact specifications.

6 months down the line at most and I'd be throwing the thing out the window due to all the slowdown and having to play it in lower resolutions. Not to mention the crashes that occur.

Poor planning. do some research. Check out hardware news because they'll tell you whats to come and what's currently the best. If something new is going to come out soon, wait for it instead of buying a current one. If you don't upgrade, of course you'll have to play it on lower resolutions depending on the game. If you have a 5 year old comptuer, that's a given. Therer have been leaps and bounds made in technology in those 5 years. If you have a decent computer, 1024x768 is one of the strongest resolutions you should be using. Again, 6 months down the line, you should be seeing what you need to upgrade and do it. And when you buy a game, 6 months later it's not going to magically demand twice the amount of CPU. New games might or might not. It'll depend.

Lastly, also remember what you put into a system is what you get. If you don't want to put time and effort into researching what you should upgrade, get a console. It's best for you, where all games have been made to fit the consoles specifications.

The Wii is like the DS and the PS3 are like PSP. PSP has better graphics, more ram, more stroage, and good for media. On the other hand, the DS has inovative controls and the graphics really aren't that bad at all. Also DS has much better games and better games and better online gaming.

EDIT: Also the DS is more portible.

Last edited:
I'd also like to add to that, not only is work and research involved in buying and upgrading, also in maintaining... if you are DL'ing a lot of stuff playing a lot of online games from sites like slingo and what not, and using an assortment of programs all the time it is essential to clean, defrag hard disks and optimize your settings to better suite your needs...

the graphics suck in the magazines and on the computer compared to the real thing anyways but i have to agree with eddie17 (from page 1)super mario bros. dosent have good graphics now but its still fun

Computer is probably the best out of everything. You can keep up to date without buying a whole new computer as u can just upgrade. Although it does not bring a new style of playing games, it still beats analogue stick gamepads (such as ps2, ps3, 360 etc controllers) by alot. Thats why the wii appeals to me alot, the way of playing is so completely new. The bad thing about playing games on computers is that their are alot of hackers out there who ruin the fun of playing :(

um excuse me.... but the wii is graphicaly (paden the ungood spellings) better then the xbox i heard a developer say so... cant remember were i think it was gamespot...or ign.. anyway the guy said its .5 better then the xbox besides look at the screens...besides this are a launc titles

I could go to tigerdirect.com and build a PC for $400 that will be better than any machine you have ever had/will have for a while ;/ Ukraine, solet's just drop the computer gaming issue as it is pretty off topic.

The Wii has better graphics than the GCN. If you can't tell the difference, then I'd have to assume you are young and have not been playing games for long.

Last edited:
UkranianTractor said:
6 months down the line at most and I'd be throwing the thing out the window due to all the slowdown and having to play it in lower resolutions. Not to mention the crashes that occur. sorry, I've just had really bad experiences with PCs. I've learned that the only reason for me having a PC is for Word Processing and the Internet and all you need is a bottom of the line model at £300 if that's all you're using it for. Specifications on PCs are misleading because a lot of processing power and memory is used by the operating system whereas a games consoles entire being is devoted to playing the game that's in the system.:cool:

I totally disagree. Although consoles are specific to gaming, they too require memory for other tasks, and all the current gen consoles are like computers, with 'dashboards' rather than 'desktops', boasting many apps and options on top of their main purpose of gaming. It all depends who configures the system (pc) and console. I build pc's as a hobby, and believe me... it all depends what is used, who builds/configures it, and what exactly is ran on it, that depends on how it runs. Keeping drivers updated, and keeping up with stable drivers are a necessity to run the best resolutions/fastest fps' but still, it's in a different class of it's own... or is it? I've heard of updates for console games too, so doesn't that mean they're basically the same (pc's to consoles) pretty much? Possibilities are endless, and NOTHING is impossible.

Back