Poor Graphics on Wii!

I agree that consoles are starting to close the gap that has stood between them and PC's, but they're not quite there yet.

If anybody has doubts about the Wii based on the graphics, that's cool - as long as I don't have to stand behind you in line on launch day :smilewinkgrin:

But doesn't the Ps3 use a processor that isn't even out yet for PCs? I think consoles have exceeded what a PC can do it's just developers haven't taken full advantage of it yet.

The PC is advancing much faster than Consoles, it's a given because you can upgrade it when new technology comes out. With consoles, you must wait for companies to make them.

Currently, the most powerful Console can't really compare with the most powerful PC. Think about it, my computer can hold up to 12gb ram (6 2gb sticks). And with graphics cards: 512mb ram? Crossfire and SLi? PhysX cards? PS3 is the obvious loser. But the $600 is cheaper than a $5,000 PC. But the PC owns

Well, ABC, you can say the same thing about Intel's Quad-Core Kentsfield chip. Games just haven't caught up to hardware on any platform. As a sidenote, I don't think the 'cell' will ever make it to PCs.

The PS3, as I recall, boasts 8 co-processors. That's more than we have on PC's, but we're talking about completely different architectures. It's important that consoles be more powerful than computers, though - it's not like you can upgrade your graphics card on a console; consoles have to be bulit to last for at least a few years.

EDIT: The PS3 is supposed to support Physics co-processing.

Gaming consoles have had better processors than computers for a while now ;/. All new consoles, not just playstation 3. The GPU on the other hand isn't as advanced. There are a lot more issues with heating and size that come into play with them.

Last edited:
This is my dream Card:

XFX PVT80GTHF9 GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
14-150-204-02.jpg

Currently, it's $489.99. talk about big, huge, chucky, and powerful

SOURCE

If you're a computer whizzkid and can be bothered with the hassle of constantly upgrading then PCs are cool for you. Personally, I could not be bothered. Even the 360 and PS3 are getting overcomplicated. The simplicity of the wii is it's big selling point.

If you're a computer whizzkid and can be bothered with the hassle of constantly upgrading then PCs are cool for you. Personally, I could not be bothered. Even the 360 and PS3 are getting overcomplicated. The simplicity of the wii is it's big selling point.

That's one of the reasons consoles were created :) To have it all in one package for the masses.

I game on a computer, but I don't have to have the biggest and best graphics card, I'm currently running on a ATI Radeon 9800 pro

LoL cold shiver why worry about that crap card, get an SLI motherboard Asus makes killers, and have a gig of vid mem, with two 512 cards at 200 a pop

Rift said:
LoL cold shiver why worry about that crap card, get an SLI motherboard Asus makes killers, and have a gig of vid mem, with two 512 cards at 200 a pop

That crap card you are talking about is an incredibly awesome new card by nvidia. It is the only card out now that is ready for DirectX10 and shader 4. If you think it's a crap card, you obviously don't know anything about computers. even the 7000's model 512 cards sli'd won't run as well as one 8800. The only card of it's type that rivals it would be ati's 1950xtx courtesy of crossfire. The 9800 is pretty dated.

Could we stop turning this thread into a computer thread by the way?

Last edited:
Back