POP: Rival Swords IGN Review

tarheelsuperman

...it gonna be zoppity
Dec 9, 2006
The Tarheel State
IGN's Review of POP: Rival Swords is up for those of you interested in getting your hands on this game.

Review Link

7.5 Presentation
Same as Two Thrones with added Wii controls that don't always better the experience.
7.0 Graphics
Outstanding in 2005, but less by today's standards. The environments are still pretty and the character animation fluid, but textures blur dramatically up close.
8.0 Sound
Very good. Whether it's Prince's inner-monologue or catchy background music, it hits just right.
7.5 Gameplay
A truly fun action-platformer. The problem is that the Wii controls don't do much for the game and the lack of a second analog stick equates to some occasional camera issues.
7.0 Lasting Appeal
A fun, engaging storyline will keep you glued to your set for the 8-10 hours the title lasts, but when it's over there's little to come back to.
Decent OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

7.1 isn't very lame. I was gonna get this game, but I reserved Super Paper Mario at GameStop and shall get Super Paper Mario on April 10th.

ILoveWii said:
7.1 isn't very lame. I was gonna get this game, but I reserved Super Paper Mario at GameStop and shall get Super Paper Mario on April 10th.

better choice for sure... i love the prince(I played sands of time like 2 years after it was released and thought it was great) but honestly.... SAND FOR BLOOD AND PORT-TREATMENT????

ubisoft is bringing brother of arms... hope its good...

I quite like some ubisoft games. i wont be getting this Prince of persia games on the wii as i already got them on a ps2 but still looks good on the wii tho.

Uhh no it doesn't. Did you read the review? IGN took a sh*t on this version of PoP and for once I actually agree with IGN. 7.1 is NOT a good score at al for a game in a series that has been critically acclaimed by a lot of people. The game is not that big an improvement. In fact its pretty horrible since there are no graphic improvements, the camera issue wasn't addressed that well, and it just seems like Ubisoft wanted to make money by putting a PoP title out there for the world to see. Not a good strategy. Idoits. There are some Ubisoft games I like (like Red Steel) but the company as a whole is really starting to get on my damn nerves.

It may have some problems but in my opinion it looks ok, there are better games out there.

Well i never bought Two Thrones due to not completely Warrior Within yet so this is good for me to get a good action adventure on wii. If it would of been a brand new Prince game ,or added more than new controls it would of got an 8 im sure ,but the portness of it knocked it down a peg.

I guess to each's own ,but i really enjoy Ubi's games. I'd go as far as saying there is very few Ubi games that i haveN'T enjoyed. Prince is next on my list after i grab Mario next week.

ILoveWii said:

7.1 is lame when the game got atleast I think 8's on its original. There are so many ways it could've been improved with the controller and graphics. Why get this when you can get the better GC version that can play on the Wii?

If you read it, it says it works better traditional.

Everyone needs to stop buying ubisoft ports, seriously.

I never played the past PoP games. I will definitely be picking this up.

Back