popular captains

dodabird

dodabird
Sep 14, 2006
Guam
when i first started playing msc online, i observed that the most popular captains were dk, wario and petey. this told me that players wanted to use strong, high goal percentage captains to aid them in winning the game. as i play now, i'm noticing the most popular captains are now mario and luigi. is there a trend? do any of you guys notice the same things?

Daisy seems to be the most popular captain to the higher ranked people since she seems to be the best.

When I first got online (practically the moment the game released) at my friend's house we encountered some dozen Diddy Kongs. People seemed to really love Redcard. But then again, this is when everyone thought Hammer Spammers were going to be trouble. :lol:
Petey's a popular choice because his Mud Slinger is devastating, and so is his shooting arm! Mario and Luigi are common because they both field and shoot well, and people who can control their giant forms well can put in some good Megastrikes too. I prefer Yoshi's Eggroll and tongue hit over Mario/Luigi's special and hit.

well, i guess it's just me then. but i'm telling you...8/10 people i play are either mario or luigi. personally, i've been mario or luigi since i've begun playing the game (never changed my captain). if i happen to be home team and choose mario first, they'll resort to luigi. it seemed like a trend to me.

I'm like one of the only people who uses Waluigi alot. I use him because he's fast and has good defence. I dont like when my captains are slow.

I use Yoshi. i dont know why, i find him easiest to use. considering his special thing is really useful. smash everyone around you. smash them twice. and then mega shot em to death! >:D

balrogs.pa said:
I use Yoshi. i dont know why,

Because Yoshi is hardcore. In fact I think he's just a bit unbalanced. He's the same as Mario or Luigi, except his juke is better, his special is better, and his hit is much better.

i always see mario.....but i rarely see bowser or wario.....i always choose wario...:lol:

Wario is very good when combined with a Dry Bones, a Boo and a Shy Guy. When Shy Guy does his skillshot, if he doesn't recover and score, there is always a boo or a dry bones to finish it off. And Wario's shots are devastating.

I see a lot of DK's, the power characters still seem to be the popular characters when I play. Having said that, I hardly see any Bowsers though.

Back