popular captains

prefer dk but is hes taken than waluigi i always score with his teleportation lol..=P

He means his favourite captain is DK. But if hes the away team and someone takes DK, then he chooses Waluigi because he always scores with his teleportation move.

Oooh, ok, ok. I get it. Well, DK and Waluigi are very, very different captains, and it can be tricky to play between the two effectively.

After playing through the off-line cup mode (I still can't beat the last cup - I'm not that good), I've noticed that I always hated playing AGAINST Waluigi. That's when I made the switch TO Waluigi. I enjoy how fast he is (and his special). I find the Striker Cup frustratingly difficult. I can make it to the playoffs, but I always end up losing, and I hate how you can't save and continue from where you left off. Anyways, that's my side-tracked rant.

I pick DK in single player, and Daisy when I'm co-oping. Daisy tends to rely more on trick goals, which are easier to do when you have someone on the same wavelength. But with DK it's almost impossible to read the charge-deke-charge-pass-shoot combo right with two people unless you're telepathic.

The Captains I mostly choose are (from my first choice to my last):
Bowser, Yoshi, Diddy, & Waluigi

But I also try and use different Captains during different games...just to broaden my skills so I won't have any weaknesses. I try not to become the best with just one Captain, because if another player chooses him, than I'll have to pick a player Im no good with...that's why I try and become good with all the captains.
I think it's a smart strategy myself:thumbsup:
The only Captains I never use are the girls, Peach and Daisy:p...

Last edited:
BigORhyme said:
Oh... but they're so badass!
Haha very funny BigO:D

The only reason I don't like using the female Captains is because I'm just not use to their movements and shooting abilities. Yes I know I play as Diddy who's a Playmaker like Peach, and I use Waluigi who's Defensive like Daisy, but I just plain don't like using the women captains that's all:p:lol:

Although...I do use Birdo on some of my best teams:scared::lol:.
Probably some time in the future I'll use the girl Captains...Probably when I face you, BigO, online for the first time:p lol:hand:...

I don't think Daisy has such a good reputation. That's my oppinion.
Pretty much whenever I'm pitted against a Daisy user online, I know I'm in for some goalie dekes.

Whenever I'm faced with a Daisy, there's always atleast 2 Dry Bones (other characters that can teleport deke), and a long tackler, like Monty Mole or Birdo, so that she can check the **** outta me while she possesion passes her way up the side and dekes into my net:mad5:.

That maybe a reason why I dislike using Daisy...because she has such a bad reputation when it comes to online play. Every time I've faced a Daisy, there's always been alotta cheap moves involved:rolleyes:.

This fact does make her popular with alot of cheap players out there, but I'm not saying there aren't any people out there who use Daisy because of personal preference or other asspects besides her ability to deke.
Hell, I'd probably use Daisy alot more if there were some more people out there who use Daisy for things other than just for using cheap strategies!

Bowser's my main man though:p:thumbsup:, along with the other members of the Koopa Family:p...Koopa, Hammer Bro, & Dry Bones.
ROCK ON BOWSER!! :lol:

Last edited:
Back