Portal Wii

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
As you may or may not know there was recently a little package released on the 360 called the orange box, it included Half Life/Episode 1/2 that's a total of 3 games, 3 very good games but it doesn't end there as owners of this package also got a tasty treat in team fortress 2 an on ine team based multiplayer which was a cult hit in its previous release. Now the 5th game is known as 'Portal' a mind bending puzzle game, you need to shoot portals on ceilings/floors/walls/angles and transport yourself and inanimate objects around areas, it was is a hit as far as popularity goes. It was fairly short yet rumours were going round recently of a full retail version was to be made, motion controls to go with a game which could benefit and it could go with the Wii's target audience casual yet it appeals to the hardcore gamer.

However...

CVG 30/10/07 said:
Rumours of Valve's mind-bending Portal game hitting Wii are, as much as we'd like them to be, not true, says the developer's marketing man, Doug Lombardi.

A story swept across the internet over the weekend saying that Valve's Portal was coming to Wii. And judging by the amount of emails we received from CVG readers, a Wii version is something that you'd all take to quite favorably.

With that in mind we spoke to Valve spokesman Doug Lombardi, who admitted it's an interesting idea but said there are no plans on the drawing board just yet.

"It's an extremely interesting idea, but there's nothing in product - not yet, anyway," he told CVG. Notice how he didn't rule it our completely? And let's face it, it would work on Wii, just a case of getting the engine up and running. We'll be keeping an eye on this one...

They have told us that it's not in production but it is an interesting prospect and they didn't completely rule it out.

keep one eye open in the future.

Quote Source

i heard those rumors, but doubted them, but god how much i wish they were true, and im happy to hear its still possible

daviduk200 said:
i heard those rumors, but doubted them, but god how much i wish they were true, and im happy to hear its still possible

I just played Portal for first time tonight at a friends, done first 14 levels for him >.<

lol. im getting it soon but played it at a mates and i though it was brilliant

daviduk200 said:
lol. im getting it soon but played it at a mates and i though it was brilliant

The Portal game itself is kind of like a test really it's not a 'full' game however the rest of the orange box itself is pretty awesome, Half Life /Ep 1/2 + team fortress:yesnod:

maddmaxx46 said:
The Wii can't support the graphics of Half-Life 2 or Portal for that matter. There is no way this is going down.

There is a very small chance but it is very unlikely.

Why port the engine and tone it down when you are trying to focus on other consoles.

actually the Portal game is very small, short,m and simple but complex,

i mean the game layout is simple, but the levels to play are complex,

anyhow, if they were to port just portal, then the wii could easily handle it as its a short game, and the wii could focus miuch of its power on graphics aswell,

i mean look at SMG graphics on that are superb and thats a huge game, so why not portal?

if it were half life though, then hell yeah no chance could Wii deal withh all that and graphics,

and even worse if it were the whole orange box

God Portal is too clever for me.

A friend bought it and he brought it over the boyfriend house one day and I just could not get around it. As soon as I understood how to do one thing, they introduced something else which totally spun me out.

For some reason I can imagine a wii version of this being even more complicated.

Think I'll casually avoid this one and save myself the embarrassment :lol:

Those are amazing news, i have played the game a bit and it will definitely work nicely on the Wii. Also for me at least all the other games in the orange box are crap as for half life they just put random things in their maps so that players will be using the physics gun and saying wow cool game! The physics engine of the game is amazing but unfortunately the games themselves luck in a lot of ways including gameplay and i really cant see the big fuss about them! I mean would you play halo, gears of war, metroid or the crapy half life? I wont buy the game since the only decent game is portal and i am more than happy now that there is a possibility that they will release a portal game on the Wii that hopefully will be longer that the original. This will also give the chance to people like myself to pay 20 pounds to buy a nice game (portal only) and not pay 45 to buy a bunch of old releases including a small short update that is also not really good!

I played Portal and it is amazing, would be pretty sick if it did came out on the wii.

I hope it will eventually come to the Wii, the 3D puzzling genre is completely dead, so it's good to see this game as a positive breath of fresh air.

Back