Possible replacement for Gamestop for used games?

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
Circuit City to expand used game sales program

Following an apparently successful ten-store test program started nearly a year ago, Circuit City has decided to broaden its used game sales, according to SmartMoney. No word on how many new stores will be adding a used games section or how quickly the expansion will roll out, but Circuit City Vice President Irynne MacKay said the company wants to be "competitive on pricing." That's a relief. We were worried they wanted to gouge us.

High margin used game sales could help the struggling electronics retailer, whose sales fell 11 percent last year in the face of competition from Best Buy (which, incidentally, was also testing out used game sales at one point). The company is also toying with gaming tournaments, a 10% off "Gamer Savings Club" (with a $20 annual fee) and a new store layout that prominently features gaming kiosks. That all sounds well and good, but we'd recommend caution with the placement of those Wii kiosks. There's nothing worse than an overzealous Wii Sports player knocking over an innocent customer looking at big screen TVs.

I always buy my games at Circuit City/Best Buy and only buy used games at Gamestop, so this could be great if Circuit City could replace Gamestop and offer better deals :)

Last edited:
thats sounds awsome specially if they give you a good deal on trade in's...

I've been hitting up Blockbuster more and more now that they are dealing with used games alot...

Gamestop/EB games doesnt really give you that great of a deal in the end, in trading or a great price on used games like it use to be back in the day when tradding games was all over the place...
It would be nice for them to get competiton for once that they can't quickly buy out. I kringe every time I save only 5 bucks on a used game over a new one! Its not a deal at all, besides the fact they warranty the used better than the new..lol what a joke

my town is making me mad now, we don't got one of those, we do have a great place that sells only used games however.

I hate gamestop I'd rather buy off ebay new. Such a ripoff, it makes me sad gamestop makes money ripping people off.

Hmm, trading games for points... Interesting. Reminds me of d2jsp for Diablo II, except you never traded for real life things :p

That is a cool idea!

I cant trade in games anymore no matter how good or bad they are, they stay in the collection for life now... Too many stupid trades as a kid and lost games i wish i had but can't track down now.

Atleast you can never get bored with this many games lying around.

wezeles said:
That is a cool idea!

I cant trade in games anymore no matter how good or bad they are, they stay in the collection for life now... Too many stupid trades as a kid and lost games i wish i had but can't track down now.

Atleast you can never get bored with this many games lying around.

Yeah I agree, I like having them so when I'm down on a rainy day down the road I can throw one in and relive past pleasures. When you play a great game you've only played one time through three years later, it's all new again.

Back