possible to play burned gc games on wii?

trunks9_us

WiiChat Member
Dec 2, 2006
hey since wii can accept full size dvds would it be possible if i dl gc games then burned them onto full size dvd and played them on wii i thinkthere is software u can use to play burned gc games so would that same software work for wii?
If all of this is good what would i need to do this like software and such?

trunks9_us said:
hey since wii can accept full size dvds would it be possible if i dl gc games then burned them onto full size dvd and played them on wii i thinkthere is software u can use to play burned gc games so would that same software work for wii?
If all of this is good what would i need to do this like software and such?

No. No, and No

I didnt think you could copy gamecube games anyway? (not that i would- why would i want to deprive my favorite gaming company the money they deserve?) but i heard they were written differantly to normal games? I dont know, im a 'dummie' on this kind of thing...

chessaholic said:
I didnt think you could copy gamecube games anyway? (not that i would- why would i want to deprive my favorite gaming company the money they deserve?) but i heard they were written differantly to normal games? I dont know, im a 'dummie' on this kind of thing...

They are written in reverse on mini optical discs.

So no, you can't just write it to a 12 cm dvd in reverse with your dvd writer.

vagrant said:
They are written in reverse on mini optical discs.

So no, you can't just write it to a 12 cm dvd in reverse with your dvd writer.

Well you could byte swap the file before writing it, so the final output would be readable.

Last edited:
You know that nobody will ever find you out if youever do this type of stuff
i.e. i have 20 burnt PS1 games, I download roms for my SNES emulator etc...
now i dunno if the wii wil take it as a GCN game or as a wii so you can 'try' but i doubt anyone will have the games available to download

games are so cheap nowadays...at walmart i got turok evolution for 4.95 clearance and the old zelda for 9.95 so why burn just support the makers!

ericlewis91 said:
games are so cheap nowadays...at walmart i got turok evolution for 4.95 clearance and the old zelda for 9.95 so why burn just support the makers!

Amen to that.

Back