Possible to use a Wii with a 20' TFT with DVI input?

SubEffect

WiiChat Member
Aug 18, 2007
I'm planning on buying a Wii (and very excited about it too, what with the back catalog and all the new stuff on it's way) but I have one dilemma:

I only have a Samsung 204BW 20' widescreen TFT monitor that I use for my PC gaming and DVD watching. I don't watch TV (I listen to the news on the radio).

Can the Wii be used with this screen, and will it work in widescreen? It only has a DVI-D input.

You don't need any expensive converter!

This is one of the best connections you can have!

You will need:

- A Wii component cable
- 3 Double sidded Female RCA connectors
- A Male RCA component to DVI cable

Connect the 3 double sided female RCA connectors to both Wii component cable and Male RCA to DVI cable. Connect one end to the wii and the DVI connector to your TV. On the Wii display options select EDTV or HDTV and enjoy!

See the attached images:cool:

Attachments

• FU-WII03.jpg
    FU-WII03.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 583
  • rs1g_rs2g_web.jpg
    rs1g_rs2g_web.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 223
  • component-dvi.jpg
    component-dvi.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,731
PauloLemos said:
This is one of the best connections you can have!

You will need:

- A Wii component cable
- 3 Double sidded Female RCA connectors
- A Male RCA component to DVI cable

Connect the 3 double sided female RCA connectors to both Wii component cable and Male RCA to DVI cable. Connect one end to the wii and the DVI connector to your TV. On the Wii display options select EDTV or HDTV and enjoy!

See the attached images:cool:

But that won't work with DVI-D. You would have to buy an expensive converter to get the signal from analog to digital. The converters usually cost $200+. Here is an example.

Whoa! $200! Well that'll be 200 pounds where I'm from (England) which is even more than $200.

I might as well get a 32' LCD TV - it's only a bit more than double that and I can use it for other stuff too.

Last edited:
Back