Possible Zappers?

supanova

chaos whore
I really like the idea of using one of the Zapper guns for games such as Resident Evil 4 and the newer one.

See links below, do these increase the game play and make them more fun or do they just make it more awkward to play?

Thoughts, opinions and answers are always welcome.

Last edited:
I've been looking at #2. I'm thinking of going into a game store and see if they'll let me play with it a little.
Other than "getting into the game", I can't see it making a big difference. But the point of Wii is to do exactly that, get into the game...
I think in the end, I'll end up with ALL the accessories! LOL

well i think each of them will take some time getting used to..so it might get frustrating and youll just wind up using your favorite anyway, besides if your half as lazy as I am you wouldnt want to keep chaging the gun for different games

If you reall want a zapper, I'd suggest just getting the zapper made by Nintendo since it also comes with a game (Link's Crossbow Training).

While I do agree to safely go for a Nintendo brand Zapper, the whole thing with the Crossbow Training is that the Zapper looks like an absolute beast compared to the slightly smaller zappers. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Also, why do all these devices have the trigger in the front?
Could they not figure out a way to have the nunchuk in the front?

I prefer the first one i cant see how it works having the ninchuck connected to the remote i dont like the idea of everything moving. Unlike with the first one all youd have to move is the remote when you want to shoot something.

supanova said:
I really like the idea of using one of the Zapper guns for games such as Resident Evil 4 and the newer one.

See links below, do these increase the game play and make them more fun or do they just make it more awkward to play?

A friend of mine uses this one.
Although the gun isn't too bad, it does seem to distribute the weight evenly, it is perhaps a bit small for my tastes.
The grip is comfortable, but the trigger feels a bit soft, like the Wii Zapper's trigger.
It's a great gun for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

supanova said:

I've owned this one, but I ended up selling it for a different one.
It's basically a refined Wii Zapper. It feels better in your hands and has more of a gun feel to it, though not by much. It's trigger is also more responsive than the Zapper, though again not by much. An all around better peripheral.
It's good for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, although holding it like a pistol for headshots is more difficult due to it's design, it's stock is comfy against the shoulder and can take some of the stress off your forearms when using weapons like the shotguns and submachine guns.

supanova said:

I haven't got any experience with this one, but it resembles a peripheral that was poorly reviewed, being a bit cumbersome, despite it's small size.
Probably still better than the Wii Zapper.

I recommend the Brando 2-in-1 Wii Light Gun. It's got a great feel, weight, and grip to it. The trigger is sharp and responsive, and the stock is detachable, so you can play with or without it.
It's perfect for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back