Post your computer

Hey guyz, I upgraded my above computer to this:

Columbia_Supercomputer_-_NASA_Advanced_Supercomputing_Facility.jpg

51.87 teraflops, or 51.87 trillion floating point calculations per second
total number of processors is10,240. It has 20 terabytes of RAM, 440 terabytes of storage, and 10 petabytes of archive storage:cool:

You guys like it? It set me back a couple million dollars, buut it was totally worth it. Im still dissapointed that i cant run crysis at full specs though:yikes:

you will probs need to upgrade the ram, but what ever you do, don't buy it from apple. in total my imac cost like £1400, but i use my imac so much, so it's worth it.

DRMARIO said:
And will I ABSOLUTELY need to replace it? I thought macs 'Just work' and don't crash o.o

not unless you do a lot of video/music editting. and even then it is not ABSOLUTELY necessary

I have more then just 1 but I will post my main PC I use.

Temps C: Idle CPU=41, GPU=51, HD=27 / Full Load CPU=57, GPU=72, HD=32
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0gHz (3.6gHz OC) Cooling (Air ZALMAN 9500A)
RAM: 2x512Mb Patriot DDR2 PC2-6400 800, 2x1Gb A-DATA DDR2 PC2-6400 800 / Ratio 1:1
Video: eVGA Nvidia 8800 GT Superclocked (Overclocked, see Image)
Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 400Gb SATA II 3.0Gb/s (ST3400620AS) + Vantec ICEBERQ Cooler
PSU: Antec NeoPower 550 ATX12V
Case Fans: 2 120mm Fans, 1 Front 1 Back
3DMark06 Pro Score: 12660 (All Test Numbers) Link

DRMARIO said:
Aye, but I'm sure you have a job Gaz!
I don't have that sort of money to spend, I'm too bogged down with Coursework and crap to even CONSIDER getting a job.

And how much does ram cost..and is it easy to install?
And will I ABSOLUTELY need to replace it? I thought macs 'Just work' and don't crash o.o
from crucial you can get your ram for about £110, thats 2x2GB sticks, if you watch the price and buy at the right time you could get it for £95.

mac's do just work, but if you got like 20 apps open at the same time your gunna want some more ram.

brendo said:
Im still dissapointed that i cant run crysis at full specs though:yikes:

Oh yeah? Well, I can't run Crysis at all! Actually, I can't even play Half Life without the computer crashing. I thought it would be cool with a computer from the 1500s... something says me I've been owned...

Tomatktchp said:
Oh yeah? Well, I can't run Crysis at all! Actually, I can't even play Half Life without the computer crashing. I thought it would be cool with a computer from the 1500s... something says me I've been owned...

Crysis is a ridiculiously graphical intensive game. No computer now can even run it at full spec with a good framerate. I think i read one of the developers saying " you need hardware from the future" But its pretty amazing to know games can be made with that kind of graphics.

in b4 graphics junkie, fanboy, etc

brendo said:
Crysis is a ridiculiously graphical intensive game. No computer now can even run it at full spec with a good framerate. I think i read one of the developers saying " you need hardware from the future" But its pretty amazing to know games can be made with that kind of graphics.

in b4 graphics junkie, fanboy, etc

Crysis, for me gets an average of 45+ frames at 1280x1024 with High Global Settings and 2xAA. IMO There is no point in using Very High with Vista, I did and the extra details are so subtle that you would not be able to make then out while in combat.

My hardware is posted above ^^^^

Back