Post your desktop.

desktopnr9.png

NateTheGreat said:
Impressive^ I like the "Control Centre." And the desktop picture reminds me of The Matrix: Revolutions.

Thanks, yea it reminded of me of the Matrix immediately. I like it a lot.

It's interesting to see that a majority of you guys seem to be using iTunes. Anyway, this is my desktop. Hope you guys can comment on mine, and tell me what you think.

Last edited:
desktop_Nov.jpg

Sadly, that's not Ubuntu running; I have the hacked .DLL file for Windows XP that lets me use better themes.
The only reason I use XP is for games; when I go to college I'm going to have my gaming desktop running XP and a laptop with Linux.

But the you wholdnt have the Back in black album

A wise man once said:
Gymdawg said:
Sadly, that's not Ubuntu running; I have the hacked .DLL file for Windows XP that lets me use better themes.
The only reason I use XP is for games; when I go to college I'm going to have my gaming desktop running XP and a laptop with Linux.

Gymdawg said:
Yeah, that's Windoz XP's only real use since Microsoft pretty much monopolized PC gaming with DirectX9. I think in a few more years, Linux will really be competing well with both Windoz and Macs and I'm sure it's gotten even more user-friendly since the last time I used it; we have an old Compaq Pissario that I put puppy linux on and it works great. Have you ever tired a LiveCD? No installation of anything, it just runs off a bootable disc.

No, I haven't tried LiveCD, or heard of it for that matter. I was dual-booting Suse Linux and XP for a time, but then my C:\ drive crashed and I didn't feel like reinstalling two operating systems.

Gymdawg said:
No, I haven't tried LiveCD, or heard of it for that matter. I was dual-booting Suse Linux and XP for a time, but then my C:\ drive crashed and I didn't feel like reinstalling two operating systems.
Well then, you should totally try a LiveCD. All you do is go to ubuntu's or whatever linux site you want and from their downloads section, there will be a version for Windows XP. You download the file (called a disc image) and then burn it to a CD. Notice I say burn, not save; if you just save the file to the disc, it won't work, so you've got to use something like Roxio, which can burn disc images to discs. Once it has burned, restart your computer with the CD left in the CD drive and at start-up go into the boot menu (you have to hit either delete or F10 or F12 to enter the boot menu; your computer will probably display the key you hit to enter the boot menu), set the boot menu to CD drive and then save and exit the boot menu and it should boot from the CD.

Hope that all made some sort of sense and if it didn't, I can try to rephrase a bit.:)

Back