Power button issue

gamechaser001

Wii Nerd
Dec 9, 2006
Wii Online Code
2291-3059-0957-1397
Let me start off that my Wii works perfectly fine, and I am 100% sure that my problem is mechanical and easy to fix (after voiding my warranty, which I obviously don't want to do)

When I press the power button on the front of my Wii, nothing happens, and it feels spongy and doesn't click, like a computer keyboard if you spill soda on it, so if it's off, it stays off, if it's on, it stays on, unless I control it with the Wiimote, reset and eject work perfectly fine

I can get by without using the power button of course by powering it on and off using the Wiimote, but it starts getting annoying when playing Gamecube games, as since Wiimotes are unusable and unsyncable during a Gamecube game, I have to reset the Wii using the reset button on the Wii, just so I can sync a Wiimote, just so I can turn off the Wii using the Wiimote, and if I want to red light it (turn off WiiConnect), I have to physically change the setting in the Wii menu (not that I need to, it would just be annoying if I do happen to need to)

I would really hate to turn in my Wii for them to fix something so simple, yet at the same time, I am scared to rip off those screw-covering stickers as I don't want to void whatever warranty I have on it now in case I have a problem with it and do happen to need to turn it in

So here's my questions

1. Where is the warranty sticker on the Wii, do the two white stickers covering the screws on the bottom (horizontal), or left (vertical) of the wii count as a warranty sticker?

2. If those two white stickers are warranty stickers, is there anything external I can try? Is it possible that there could be a bent pin on the external button that is unable to press the actual internal button, or is it just gunk/dried sweat?

i cant help you but...to turn off the wii after a gamecube game. you say you reset the wii then sync a wiimote then turn it off?

you shouldnt have to sync your wiimote everytime that happens.. just reset and turn off with the wiimote.

maybe you havnt fully syncd it with the red button on the wii and inside the battery cover of the wiimote.

When I said that I sync the Wiimote, I don't mean I press the red buttons, the Wiimote and the Wii are already paired, I just mean activating the bluetooth connection (where you press a button, and the bottom lights flash 3 or 4 times when connecting to the Wii)

The annoying part that I am talking about is I have to get up to reset the Wii anyway, now I have to go back and grab the Wiimote, I should just be able to get up and tap the power button and be done with it, but being that the power button doesn't work, I can't

Back