Power LED stays red

haris66

WiiChat Member
Sep 3, 2010
hi, I am in Pakistan and just got my wii purchased from US. First thing I did was to purchase a 220v adapter for Pakistan. I started wii and it walked me through settings configuration. I inserted Wii Play and as soon as I clicked on WiiPlay button the screen went blank and power led to red. I pressed power button which turned to green and when I clicked on Wii play button again same thing happened i.e. blank screen and red led.

since then the wii refuses to turn on. the power led is red, whenever i presses it blinks once and disc drive's blue light blinks and then nothing. same thing happens when i press eject button. So I cannot eject the game as well :(

I have waited for half an hour but no success.

I was so excited to play but i am freaking out now :(

EDIT: I have checked that the fan is also not working. Is there some sort of fuse inside the wii that has gone out?

Last edited:
yes the fan is necessary IE

ur working out and suddenly ur water runs out and theres no fan u are being forced to keep going that is how the wii feels i suggest getting a repair guy

yes the fan is necessary IE

ur working out and suddenly ur water runs out and theres no fan u are being forced to keep going that is how the wii feels i suggest getting a repair guy

what could be the cause? burnt fuse? wii was on just for a couple of minutes so it cannot be heating.

the problem has been resolved :D it was damaged adapter; the 220v one which i bought from local store. i replaced it and now it is working fine. thanks for your help!

Back