Power Of The Wii??

lea3734

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2007
im getting a wii pretty soon and im wondering how powerful is the wii?? ive heard its just a little bit more powerful than the old xbox(which i have)
and my other question, will the games look much better as time goes on??

thx

Twice the power of the GCN, and most likely the games will look better once developers push the envelope more.

they look good enough already, u wont be disapointed

graphics....do they matter that much....as long as the game is in 3D and you can see what everthing is......but 2 times better than The Cube.

i know that graphics don't really matter much but i was just curious of the wii's power and what to expect

it has a lot of potential, and yeah it is better than the old xbox, but the first games u see dont expect them to be better than GC, better games will arrive though dont worry

Zelda TP is just about the only game out now that looks better then the Xbox. RS isnt all that impressive, nor is Excite truck, SSBB looks like a real gem tho.

Apparently Zelda on the Wii has the same graphics as that of the Gamecube version, it was a straight port from the Gamecube to just help sales of the Wii and the game itself.

That would mean then, that Zelda: TP could have actually looked a couple times better than what it is. Because it could have been coded and optimised for the Wii's hardware.

Redan499 said:
Twice the power of the GCN, and most likely the games will look better once developers push the envelope more.

They said the power(once capped) can EASILY break 2.5x the graphics/power the GCN had.

And Zelda: TP for Wii and GC are almost exact. Other then dungeon flip thing.

Back