Power Supply

ocj

WiiChat Member
May 21, 2007
Hi Neebie here,

The better half bought me a wii for my birthday last week and it's is
wicked, best console out there.
Question I have though is that when i put it on standby theres a fairly loud buzzing noise from the power supply box.
Is this Strange or am I just being paranoid?
Thanks
OCJ

I had the exact same problem!!

I contected nintendo and they gave me an address to return it to. I sent the power supply in a small box, along with details of the problem, to the address and they sent me a new one within three days! I was impressed.

So yeah, it shouldnt be buzzing.

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay here. Happy gaming.
And yes, that buzzing is not normal. Send it back and get a replacement.

Thanks Guys,

I'll call them and organise a replacement.

Thanks guys,
I rang nintendo as they don't seem to reply to e-mail.
Any seems there is a problem with some of the power supplies so i've to post mine to them and they'll replace it within 2 to 3 working days.
Fingers crossed.

The problem is most likely the transformer. Not necessarily a bad thing. A dab of hot glue or a magnet on the side (if there is room) would solve it. There might not be anything wrong with the Wii or its adapter,,, it might be bad power in your house!
Look up lamination rattle

just another thought, if you still have the 30 days return policy from the place you bought it, I would take it there and get a new wii, just to play it safe it is nothing else

I didn't what to take any chances,
I've tried the power supply in other houses and it does the same so it's prob the transformer, although it's a buzzing sound not like the trans vibrating.
It was a present so i didn't what to have to get them to bring it back for me.Besides the store seem to run out of them very quick so i'd prob be the same time waiting on a new unit.
And of course i'd loose my created mii's then.
I posted it off on monday so sound have the new back shortly.
Cheers for the replys

Back